Jambands.ca

Primus Tickets -- Montreal

ollie

actually Blane- Peter and I and a guy we know from Alabama- Ricky Baker- know the guy who is the archivist for the Frog Brigade and he can't come across the border so we're asking him if we can be the official tapers for this Primus run...we'll see.

But we're for sure taping it- however last time at the MMW show Peter had to get on his hands and knees to beg to be allowed to tap in the metropolis- hopefully they aren't as uptight at the primus show.- amnyway- I'm buying out tickets today so- it's practically taped already.

how's Geneva?

quote:

Originally posted by Groove Fetish:

But we're for sure taping it- however last time at the MMW show Peter had to get on his hands and knees to beg to be allowed to tap in the metropolis- hopefully they aren't as uptight at the primus show

I and Jibooer (aka Mark) and a friend of his taped Bela Fleck & The Flecktones at Metropolis in April with no problems except for Bela's soundman telling us we couldn't set up in front of the board; the only minor hassle we had from the venue was the guy at the door holding us up while he checked if taping was allowed. If you know their official archivist, get him to pass the word to the venue crew that taping's OK, and you should be fine.

I'll let you know how SCI goes next weekend. [smile]

Aloha,

Brad

we'll be at the cheese too.

and we've taped with no major problems before too- but sometimes the communication within the venue tema is faulty and so yah- you can get a power heavy door dude that will hold you up- at the one MMW show the door guy wouldn't even ask about if taping was allowed for the longest time.

So we already know that the venue is uptight but generally you get to tape if you work hard enough to convince the door people to let you in.

Anyway- weirdness should relate that story.

he did get the best and likely only copy of the MMW montreal this year.

Archived