Jambands.ca

Money Hungry Dead sucks

MoMack

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a ticket to Buffalo and after service charge and exchange is came to $132,oo! Unbelievable, really soured on the whole deal.

I agree I like warren but sometimes he's too straight blues and not jazzy/funky enough for my tastes..

I am sure I enjoy the show though.

that's because of musictoday's ridiculous $17 shipping charge to Canada. UPS was th eonly option. GDTS too only charges an extra $4 per ticket. plus a couple bucks for stamps, and the price of the money order.

fwiw I wouldn't pay $49 to see Phish, but I'm willing to pay $100 for the Dead. We all have different preferences. I'd much rather pay $50 to see the Dead. (If you've studied economics, this is an example of losing consumer surplus.) I wouldn't pay $200 to see the Dead. so quit the whining. and it's cheaper than a Broadway show. How much is a good ticket for a Raptors or a Leafs' game? ticket prices are just nuts these days. get used to it.

How many people will describe the experience as "magical" when it costs so much?

Neil Young at Massey Hall was magical and cost much more.

April will get here and the cost will (hopefully) be forgotten. I know it worked that way for me at Neil Young.

There is a massive difference here. Massey hall only holds 2,800, the HSBC arena holds 18,690!

So in the case of Neil Young it makes more sense to have to charge more to defray the cost of a limited capacity venue.

In the case to the Dead the are charging more than ever in a place bigger than they have played since 1995...

Super Gouge!