Jambands.ca

Marco Benevento Trio @ Le Divan Orange

lsamuel3

No. I got to Divan Orange about 8pm, and it was closed, locked, with the lights off and nobody home. I stuck around until about 9:45pm (with jahdawg and his wife showing up about 9:15pm) hoping someone (the band, the bar staff, whatever) would show up, but nobody aside from a few other disappointed fans did. There was no note or anything saying what had happened to the show (e.g., that it had been cancelled, or had been moved). The display case at the entrance said their hours were 4pm - 3am (Divan Orange is a neighbourhood watering hole, open most of the day, more like Irene's, than a dedicated music venue that only opens at showtime, as Babylon does), and they had a calendar print-out which said Marco Benevento for Sept. 27; their website also still lists the show.

If anybody needs me, I'll be over in the corner, growling.

Aloha,

Brad

hm i remember last time the trio played in montreal in may, marco told me they had some trouble at the border which is why the show was late. maybe there was some REAL trouble this time...

doesn't seem like the kind of show that will be re-scheduled given its marco's only canadian stop

hm i remember last time the trio played in montreal in may, marco told me they had some trouble at the border which is why the show was late. maybe there was some REAL trouble this time...

Maybe, except for the fact that the bar, which was listed as opening (for drinks and food) at 4pm, was closed up tight. Given that it's a neighbourhood watering hole that's open every Sunday night, I'd have expected it to still be open even if Marco had called and cancelled.

Aloha,

Brad