Jambands.ca

The Beautiful People

Swan

I went down to Copps last night to see Marilyn Manson. I wanted to try to understand why this character is so controversal. I didn't quite figure that out. I was expecting a performance like Alice Cooper in his early days. That didn't happen either. It certainly was loud and the strobe lights were in full effect but I was expecting to see blood and gore. There was no blood and gore last night in Hamilton. Just a lot of powdered faces and black eye shadow. I wanted to wear the black make up but in a lot of ways I'm not cool enough to pull it off. For $20 it was worth it to see Marilyn take his microphone and stick up the ass of one of his stippers (whom was onstage at the time) and get down on his hands and knees to crawl over to her to start singing (you had to see it to believe it).

Its nice to see Copps bring in all of the action that no one else wants to book. When I saw Snoop Dogg there a couple months back, it might have even been a little crazier that MM. I hope they keep booking shows like these.

I haven't heard much about him lately, but seems to have gotten past the craziness/devil worshipper bit, and to be honest I like alot of his stuff so I think it's good that he's being recognized for his music. I think his fans are suffering major identity crises as they slowly learn that he's more or less a normal person off the stage, and a showmen on the stage.

And maybe he does have crazy sexual urges, but Clinton shoved a cigar in a girls cooch so Manson is no different than the rest of us.

Archived