Jambands.ca

Missing Child Alert

boiler

SOUTH BAR — Cape Breton Regional Police are looking for a missing seven-year-old autistic boy in the community of South Bar.

The boy left his home at 41 Kennel Lane in South Bar at approximately 2:13 p.m. Saturday and hasn’t been seen since. James Delorey is described as four foot five, 60 pounds, brown hair, brown eyes, wearing dark jeans, a red shirt and a dark blue plaid shirt, a grey-coloured vest, shiny belt and black sneakers with glow in the dark stickers on them. James also has the family dog with him.

As of 6:15 p.m., police have requested a boat to search along the shore across from Kennel Lane, located along the New Waterford highway. Search and rescue, K9 units, the South Bar Fire Department, volunteers and family members are currently searching for the area near the boy’s home.

Anyone with information regarding his whereabouts are asked to contact police at 563-5151.

Facebook Group

As all Cape Bretoners know, all Cape Breton is your family. When my wife spoke to her Mom today she asked "Did you hear about our boy?"

This happened 20 minutes from where I grew up. I'm very deeply saddened by this. It's absolutely tragic.

I wouldn't assume the parents are at fault at all. Things like this can happen in the blink of an eye.

Rest in Peace James.

I have a cousins in Wawa, their middle-aged boy is Autistic. He has wondered off into the woods at night too ... when the whole house was locked from the inside. He was determined to get out, and very little can stop him - he found the keys and decided he was going. Fortunately it was in much warmer weather and he was found quickly. You can't keep any kid under constant supervision ... ever.