Jambands.ca

Back to Cruel - Roller Derby in Kingston

booches sista

Here it is! Kingston's Roller Derby League...It'll be entertaining for sure!

Friday, September 10, Doors at 6pm, Bout at 7pm.

Featuring trackside beer garden and a half-time performance by PELT.

Tickets available at Novel Idea, Get Funky Boutique and The Mansion. $15 advance and $18 at the door. Kids 10 and under are free.

39053_10150236535610137_781220136_13966878_5259846_n.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Did I mention Neil Young's sister plays roller derby for the Kingston Derby Girls? She's Maggie Mangler...check out our roster pics at http://kingstonderbygirls.ca/?page_id=14

Sweet. One of the girls in our league is a huge Neil fan...her derby name is Heart of Cold and her number is 72. I'll have to tell her his sister plays.

Any plans to play again in the near future?

It was the best night of my life...honestly! (I can say that on here because my husband doesn't read this) I sit on the BoD and I was so worried we wouldn't sell the 500 tickets needed to break even. Our dressing room was right beside the entrance so I spent a lot of the time before the bout just watching the lineup that was through the parking lot and out to the street....I was in awe. I might also add that we throw one hell of an awesome after-party! The Mansion (who sponsors us and sold beer at the event) said it was by far, their most profitable night ever.

We don't have anything planned yet for another bout. Rumour is maybe in the spring. We don't have a place to practice from Dec-Feb and right now we are just working on passing the skills test at the end of November.

There is a group of about 45 of us renting a bus and heading up to see the ToRD championship game on November 13. That should be fun!