Jambands.ca

Drummers in ottawa

jonyak

Anyone know any drummers in or around ottawa that would be interested in joining a band?

me and a coupel firends have been having alot of trouble finding a drummer for a project we are working on. this is not going to be super serious but we do plan on playing some gigs here and there.

This will be all originals. We have about 10 songs ready to go. Not really jam material but we do plan on working some jams and instrumental proggy elements mixed in.

anyways, if this isn't the place for this let me know and I will remove it.

I've been doing some learning and will list my status as "rudimentary drummer," though I have a jam spot and a car (which, unless I'm mistaken, are two huge marks in my favour*).

I can TOTALLY do the doom doom pa da doom doom pa da thing all day long, though I find drum fills difficult and country shuffles damn near impossible. What I lack in technique I make up for in volume.

I sure do love it though.

As far as experience goes I have played drums with several student bands (10-16 year-olds; I sit in whenever the drummers don't show up), and I once played Keep On Rockin' In The Free World onstage with Serena Ryder!

If you wanna jam pm me. I can pretty much guarantee I'll be happy to play anything with anybody, so if you can stand playing with basically a beginner then we're on. If you don't want to get together with an amatuer no worries, I understand.

*A third mark in my favour is a willingness to practice and practice and practice and practice.