Jambands.ca

Dirty Projectors @ The Opera House Review

lsamuel3

I was going to ask if anyone had hit this one up, would've really like to have gone but the timing didn't work out for me.

Cracked me up about the recent Phish comment, I wouldn't really call it a 'dis' as much as the usual "I listened to their shit and really don't get it" type comment which is the usual thing for the uninitiated. As per usual, if I had to explain, you wouldn't understand.

Regardless, Bitte Orca is way, way better than Joy in terms of rating 2009 releases so I guess they are entitled to their own opinion as are we all. Obviously, Phish aren't really a studio band so whatever...

Interesting to hear they put on a good show though, I was really curious as to what they were like live. Good pics too by the way.

A silly comment from Longstreth no doubt. Although the DP show was awesome, I'm sure as someone commented that most of their shows are pretty similar. As far as them improvising live, all the tunes they played off Bitte Orca sounded like reproductions of the album version with 0 improv. They were impressive live nonetheless.