Billy Austin

City of Immigrants

The Galway Girl

This City

Copperhead Road

Encore:

Summer Wages

Guitar Town

End time: 10:41 pm (1 hour and 48 minutes)

Steve Earle was in good form Sunday night in Hamilton. I have enjoyed ever different incarnation I have seen Earle perform over the years (the Dukes, the Del McCoury Band, solo, etc.) and last night was no different.

The set was a nice mix from most of his albums. I was happy to finally hear something off of Earle's latest album which was a tribute to Townes Van Zandt surprisingly titled 'Townes.' And I was thrilled the song was "Pancho & Lefty." He also did Townes' "Rex's Blues" but that is on 'Just an American Boy' not 'Townes.'

Another definite highlight was the performance of the song Steve Earle recorded for the HBO series 'Treme' called "This City." Earle also is a star on the show and it was good to hear that creator David Simon and HBO are going into their second season of the show about post Katrina New Orleans.

Earle also said he will be recording a new album with the Dukes produced by T Bone Burnett this November and his wife Allison Moorer will be added to the band on keyboards. He said that after the filming of 'Treme' that they will hit the road next June and that they would be performing the Austin City Limits Festival as well as bonnaroo.

A nice surprise to the gig was Earle covering Ian Tyson's "Summer Wages" in the encore. At the end of the song he mentioned it was a Tyson song and how Neil Young was a student of Tyson's, which was a nice touch.

Peace,

Tim

Fantastic. Sounds like a solid night for sure. Good to hear they'll be out on the road again next summer. Love Treme too! You can pull the soundtrack here, but there's also a killer compilation that somebody compiled of ALL the music from the first season of the show:

Everything Treme

Music : Soundtrack : MP3/192Kbps TREME.... EPISODE 1 Feel Like Funkin' It Up (Ep.1) Rebirth Brass Band w/Antoine Batiste Treme Song John Boutte It's All Over Now Rebirth Brass Band w/Antoine Batiste Mama Roux Dr. John I'll Fly Away Rebirth Brass Band w/Antoine Batiste Hook & Sling Eddie Bo Big Chief Professor Longhair Bouncin' Back Mystikal Symphonie Romantique No. 2, "A Montevideu": II. Presto - Maestoso Hot Springs Music Festival Symphony Orchestra & Richard Rosenberg Shake Ya Ass Mystikal Solace Scott Joplin For Brenda Tom McDermott & His Jazz Hellions Do You Know What It Means To Miss New Orleans Fats Domino Christopher Jr. Donald Harrison w/Delmond Lambreaux Gatur Bait Gaturs Buona Sera Louis Prima Somewhere Listening for My Name Zion Harmonizers Gardez Donc! Beau Jocque & the Zydeco Hi-Ro West End Blues Louis Armstrong Whirlaway Allen Toussaint Skokiaan Kermit Ruffins w/Antoine Batiste Indian Chief Albert Lambreaux Swing This! Kermit Ruffins w/Antoine Batiste Tetherball Henry Butler Flame On The Iguanas Just a Closer Walk With Thee The Tremè Brass Band w/Antoine Batiste My Darlin' New Orleans Lil' Queenie & The Percolators EPISODE 2 Walking With The Spirit (Ep.2) Coco Robicheaux Treme Song (Ep.2) John Boutte Meet The Boyz On The Battlefront Anders Osborne Careless Love/When the Saints Go Marching In Annie & Sonny When the Saints Go Marching In Dr. John/Mavis Staples Brandenburg Concerto No. 5 in D major, BWV 1050: II. Affetuoso Johann Sebastian Bach Waltz for Pud/I Hope You're Coming Back to New Orleans Tony Green/New Orleans Jazz Vipers Long Hard Journey Home The Radiators Ya Ya Lee Dorsey Tears, Tears & More Tears Elvis Costello & Allen Toussaint Dolores' Boyfriend Allen Toussaint Up For the Down Stroke JT Ka-Nection Band Blackbird Special Delmond Lambreaux & Galactic Little Old Money Maker The Meters Treme Mardi Gras Kermit Ruffins Go Go Galactic Moore Women Shuffle Joe Krown St. Louis Blues The Boswell Sisters Shallow Water Albert Lambreaux & George Cotrell New Orleans Willy Deville EPISODE 3 Treme Song John Boutte Lake Charles Lucinda Williams Think Deep Coleman Hawkins La Vie en Rose Annie & Sonny Toulouse Street Blues The Black Dogs Right Place, Wrong Time Dr. John My Indian Red Dr. John Dawg Days Little Queenie You Got Too Huey "Piano" Smith & The Clowns Ghost of a Chance Annie, Sonny & Antione Batiste Funky Liza New Orleans Nightcrawlers Ace In the Hole The Radiators A Certain Girl Ernie K-Doe Strippers DJ Davis King Porter Stomp Annie & Tom McDermott Angel Eyes James Booker New Orleans Blues Annie & Tom McDermott Tipitina Professor Longhair Hey Pocky Way/Indian Red Mardi Gras Indians Indian Red Donald Harrison Jr. & Dr. John EPISODE 4 Saint James Infirmary Blues Antoine Batiste Treme Song (Ep.4) John Boutte White Christmas John Boutte I Really Want You 5th Ward Weebie Big Chief Battle Axe Dr. Michael White Just a Little Overcome The Nightingales I Ben Hoodood Bo Dollis & The Wild Magnolias Making Groceries Ballzack Shoo-Fly Bo Dollis, Lawrence "Lil Crip" Adams, Monk Boudreaux & Rebirth Brass Band Who Dat Called Da Police New Birth Brass Band Go To The Mardi Gras New Birth Brass Band At the Foot of Canal Street John Boutte Gold Watch and Chain Harley Watt Davis for Council DJ Davis Mystery Train Part II Steve Earle Knock With Me - Rock With Me Lil Rascals Brass Band Spring Can Really Hang You Up The Most David Torkanowsky Follow Me (Club Mix) Aly-Us Fuck Katrina 5th Ward Weebie Blue Drag New Orleans Jazz Vipers Going Back To New Orleans Deacon John EPISODE 5 Treme Song (Ep.5) John Boutte Saint James Infirmary/Sumpin Jumpin Ethan Simon/Bumps Blackwell Silk n' Satin Sonny Rollins People say The Meters Bach Violin Partita Annie Junco Partner James Booker Shame Shame Shame DJ Davis Peepin' Walter "Wolfman" Washington Creole Blues Wayne Perry Struttin With Some Barbeque Antoine Batiste Gumbo Piano Davell Crawford We Made It Through That Water Free Agent Brass Band Rebirth Got Fire Rebirth Brass Band You And I/Do It Fluid Rebirth Brass Band String Quartet No. 24 In A Major, Op. 20, No. 6, Hob.III:36 - IV. Fuga: Allegro Dekany Quartet Route 66 Germaine Bazzle It's Raining Irma Thomas EPISODE 6 Davis For Council DJ Davis Treme Song (Ep.6) John Boutte La Danse de la Vie Beausoleil I Was a Little Too Lonely and You Were a Little Too Late Nat King Cole Basin Street Blues Annie & Sonny Sale'e Dames, Bon Jour Don Vappie & The Creole Jazz Serenaders Down By the Riverside Dr. Michael White Over In The Gloryland Glen Andrews & The Lazy Six The Things That I Used to do Guitar Slim Got To Be More Careful Jon Cleary Yard Bird Delight/Iko Iko Delmond Lambreaux & Donald Harrison St. John's Eve Coco Robicheaux One Way Or Another Walter 'Wolfman' Washington Nuki Suki Little Richard Quantum Time Delmond Lambreaux 12's It Ellis Marsalis Alle Parti Pour Voi Beau Jocque (Going to See Beau Jocque) Beau Jocque & The Zydeco Hi-Rollers Intoit Stan Getz Fly Me to the Moon Jazz Band w/Antoine Batiste Shallow Water Mardi Gras Indians Take The A Train Jazz Band w/Antoine Batiste Dulgo Horo Panorama Jazz Band Stooges Party Lil Stooges Brass Band Party Town Bobby Charles EPISODE 7 Treme Song (Ep.7) John Boutte Li'l Liza Jane/Basin Street Blues Airport Band w/Antoine Batiste Smoke My Peace Pipe The Wild Magnolias Those Lonely, Lonely Nights Annie & Sonny I Thought I Heard Buddy Bolden Say Jelly Roll Morton Pine Leaf Boy Two-Step Pine Leaf Boys Nuages Django Reinhardt Whoopin Blues/Ooh Poo Pah Doo Airport Band w/Antoine Batiste Shame Shame Shame Smiley Lewis Toumani Toumani Diabate's Symmetric Orchestra Homage à Poullard Pine Leaf Boys His Eye Is on the Sparrow Danon Smith Ill Fly Away The Dirty Dozen Brass Band Real Best Friend Washboard Chaz Blues Trio Who's Gonna Help Brother Get Further Lee Dorsey Helping Hand (A Thousand Miles Away From Home) Snooks Eaglin EPISODE 8 Struttin' On Sunday Aaron Neville Second Line on Monday Annie & Sonny Treme Song (Ep.8) John Boutte Meanwhile Ivan Neville & Dumpstaphunk Big Chief, Pt. 2 Professor Longhair I'm Back Bo Dollis and The Wild Magnolias Milenberg Joys Bob French & The Tuxedo Jazz Band When It's Sleepy Time Down South Louis Armstrong Go To The Mardi Gras Professor Longhair Battle of New Orleans DJ Davis Carnival Time Al Johnson Mardi Gras Day Dr. John Let Your Mind Be Free The Soul Rebels Ooh Na Nay RedEye Injuns, Here We Come The Wild Magnolias Go To The Mardi gras Lonnie Brooks Hey Pocky A-Way The Meters Mardi Gras in New Orleans Dirty Dozen Brass Band While We Danced At The Mardi Gras Pete Fountain So Much Drama Katey Red Do Watcha Wanna Rebirth Brass Band If Ever I Cease to Love George Lewis Iko Iko Janette Desautel Tell It Like It Is Johnny Adams Yella Pocahontas The Mardi Gras Indians Stink Bomb Eddie Bo Come Down To New Orleans Big Sam's Funky Nation w/ Delmond Lambreaux Fat Tuesday Tommy Malone EPISODE 9 Treme Song (Ep.9) John Boutte I Hear You Knockin' Smiley Lewis Someday You'll Want Me Smiley Lewis Smoke That Fire DJ Davis Ho Na Nae Bo Dollis When You Get Back Jon Cleary & the Absolute Monster Gentlemen Hide The Reefer Kermit Ruffins Honeysuckle Rose Kermit Ruffins Fireman Lil' Wayne Blue 7 Sonny Rollins Dixie Flyer Annie & Jamie 12-Bar Blues DJ Davis More Hipper Jon Cleary & The Absolute Monster Gentlemen If You Want Me To Stay Kermit Ruffins I Wish Someone Would Care Irma Thomas Big Chief Jon Cleary Didn't He Ramble_Skokiaan Kermit Ruffins Agent OO Soul Edwin Starr I Like It Like That Chris Kenner I'd Rather Be Blind, Crippled And Crazy O.V. Wright The Entertainer Scott Joplin Jambalaya Annie & Jamie Down By the Riverside Dr. Michael White Do You Know What It Means To Miss Annie & Jamie Ain't She Sweet Henry 'Red' Allen All the Time in the World The Subdudes EPISODE 10 Treme Song (Ep.10) John Boutte A Night in the Tropics Louis Moreau Gottschalk Ecstasy Ohio Players Te Ta Te Ta Ta Ernie K-Doe Got You on His Mind The Subdudes This City Annie & Steve Earle Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens Louis Jordan New Orleans Bennie Moten Stagger Lee Lloyd Price Green Haze Miles Davis Animal Juvenile My Indian Red Danny Barker & Baby Dodds Trio Bring it on Home to Me John Boutte Cha Dooky-Do Art Neville & Toussaint Band Can't See For Looking The Hawks Just A Little While To Stay Here Treme Brass Band Traditional Chant/Indian Red/Hey Pocky Way Mardi Gras Indians Time Is On My Side Irma Thomas Drink a Little Poison (4 U Die) Soul Rebels & John Mooney Indian Red (Ep.10) Wild Tchoupitoulas On The Sunny Side Of The Street James Booker Swamp Buggy Badass Quintron and Miss Pussycat Hey Pocky A-Way Wild Tchoupitoulas Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby Albert Lambreaux & Delmond Lambreaux Just a Closer Walk With Thee Lois DeJean Melpomene Block Party Katey Red Nolia Clap Juvenile Didn't He Ramble/I'll Fly Away Treme Brass Band This City (End Credits) Steve Earle EPISODE EXTRAS Feel Like Funkin' It Up ReBirth Brass Band It's All Over Now Rebirth Brass Band I'll Fly Away Rebirth Brass Band Christopher Jr. Donald Harrison Skokiaan Louis Armstrong Swing This! Kermit Ruffins Just a Closer Walk With Thee The Tremè Brass Band Walking With The Spirit Coco Robicheaux Careless Love Dr. John When The Saints Go Marchin In Louis Armstrong Waltz for Pud Tony Green I Hope Your Coming Back to New Orleans Jazz Vipers Get Up for The Down Stroke Parliament Funkadelics Blackbird Special Galactic Shallow Water Donald Harrison Jr. & Dr. John La Vie En Rose Louis Armstrong A Ghost of a Chance With You Ella Fitzgerald King Porter Stomp Jelly Roll Morton Strippers Davis New Orleans Blues Jelly Roll Morton Hey Pocky A-Way The Meters Saint James Infirmary Louis Armstrong Go To The Mardi Gras Professor Longhair At the Foot of Canal St John Boutte Gold Watch and Chain Kim Wallach Blue Drag New Orleans Jazz Vipers St. James Infirmary Allen Toussaint Summin' Jumpin' Bumps Blackwell Bach Violin Partita 2 J.S. Bach Shame Shame Shame Smiley Lewis Struttin' with some Barbecue Red Allen, Kid Ory & Jack Teagarden 06 We Made It Through That Water Free Agent Brass Band Right Foot/Rebirth Got Fire/Feel Like Funkin It Up Pt 1 Rebirth Brass Band Do It Fluid Dirty Dozen Brass Band Basin Street Blues Dr.John Iko Iko Dr. John Quantum Leap Donald Harrison Jr. Just a Closer Walk With Thee The Tremè Brass Band Fly Me to the Moon Davell Crawford Shallow Water Donald Harrison Jr. & Dr. John Take the A Train Charles Mingus Lil Liza Jane Smiley Lewis Basin Street Blues Armstrong Louis Those Lonely, Lonely Nights Dr. John Whoopin' blues Leroy Jones Ooh Poo Pah Doo (Parts 1 & 2) Jessie Hill His Eye Is on the Sparrow Preservation Hall Jazz Band Second Line On Monday Chuck Carbo Meanwhile Ivan Neville & Dumpstaphunk Millenberg Joys New Orlean Rhythm Kings The Battle Of New Orleans Jimmie Driftwood Iko Iko Bo Dollis & the Wild Magnolias Come Down To New Orleans Big Sam's Funky Nation Smoke That Fire The New Birth Brass Band Honeysuckle Rose Louis Armstrong & His All-Stars Dixie Flyer Randy Newman 12 Bar Blues Reba Russell Band Didn't He Ramble Kermit Ruffins Skokiaan Kermit Ruffins Jambalaya (On The Bayou) Fats Domino Do You Know What It Means to Miss New Orleans Al Hirt Stagger Lee Lloyd Price Bring it on Home Sam Cooke Cha Dooky-Do The Neville Brothers Time Is On My Side Irma Thomas Drink a Little Poison (4 U Die) John Mooney Is You Is Or Is You Ain't (Ma' Baby) Louis Jordan Just A Closer Walk With Thee (Ep.10) Mahalia Jackson Didn't He Ramble Kermit Ruffins I'll Fly Away The Tremè Brass Band

1&2 http://www.sendspace.com/file/5nztsh

3&4 http://www.sendspace.com/file/qxpy1f

5&6 http://www.sendspace.com/file/sxr2pi

7&8 http://www.sendspace.com/file/dmahws

9&10 http://www.sendspace.com/file/979qwv

extras I http://www.sendspace.com/file/v0gee5

extras II http://www.sendspace.com/file/f2mug4