Jambands.ca

Lowest of the Low- Shakespeare Tour

Northern Wish

Schwa. and I were hijacking another thread.

For those interested or seeing an upcoming show, these are some quick notes on the Sat. Apr 2nd show at the Elmdale in Ottawa:

It was utterly fantastic!

They opened the show with Shakespeare (in order, front to back). Ron solo on Subversives transported me back to 1991.

I have now seen that band three times:

Weird. I wonder what they'll play in 2021?! We were standing about 6 feet from Ron, next to the sound guy so our spot was about as good as it could sound in that bar.

I had worked a trade show all day and got uber drunk fairly quickly and have to say I can't remember if they played anything after Henry. Oops.

Yes they've certainly practiced. Ron and Stephen were locked in, and the whole band sounded perfect to my ears.

All of the advance promo materials and the poster for sale at the show ($5 signed by the band) all referenced the 20th anniversary of Shakespeare so I think you can expect the main set to be filled with that. My recollection towards the end of the night is spotty at best, but I seem to recall hearing City Full of Cowards so maybe there was an encore of some other hits.

Also The Murder Plans were quite good. Good enough to sound like a very professional band who is ready for a major label. I was very pleasantly surprised. As was Ron Hawkins, I can only assume, as he watched the whole show from the front row.

This was my first time seeing them and I guess probably my last unless they do another reunion tour.

Growing up in NS I had never even heard of this band but it was pretty obvious I was in the minority on Saturday as everyone was singing along to every song and generally freaking out.

Great show, great crowd, great bar!