Jambands.ca

The Raptors just traded...

Jaimoe

I'm going to the Raptors-Magic game on the 21st. Instead of everyone booing T-Mac like usual, I think everyone in attendance should let out a big collective Nelson Muntz "ha ha."

The most appropriate thing would be for McGrady to drop 50 and for the Magic to lose by 20. What a damn shame...he and Vince could have been playing together for years. Think of the talent they would have drawn to Toronto.

I guess that's the other thing to say in Glen's defence...it's harder to attract free agents to Canada, even though our weed is so much finer and cheaper [big Grin]

IMO, Glenn's worst move was not trading Crazy McGrady when it was clear to anyone who was not a delusional crack addict that there was no way in hell he was coming back to TO. Relying on Vince's mom to try and convince him to stay was not a good plan. They could have gotten a lot of talent in return, and instead got zero.

Signing Yogi Stewart to the big bucks was a horrible move, but not anywhere near as stupid as the Cavaliers' move to trade Lamond Murray for him. At least Glen got rid of him...seeing Yogi ride the pine must have given Glen nightmares.

Hakeem was a bad move, but I don't think anyone expected it to turn out that bad. But yeah, it was too much money. He had old-man Patrick Ewing knees by the time they got him. Fuck that noise.

Michael Bradley...that's one of those things you can second guess in retrospect. At the time, nobody was saying "How could you pass up Belgium sensation Tony Parker you crazy mofo?" Also, Bradley was showing some game last season before he got hurt. He's a good rebounder who might develop into a solid player, but Zac Randolph he ain't. Although Randolph just got busted for a DUI so that's not so good. It is good he smokes weed though (Randolph that is). Maybe he'll start posting here?

Lenny...again, at the time, didn't seem like a bad idea, but he did drive me nuts. But all coaches drive me nuts. I don't care what Chuck or Leo say...Michael Curry is a shitty ball player whose ass belongs on the bench. He can "lead" from there. Get Lamond in the game damnit. And give Jerome Moiso some more PT before I start writing letters to the editor.

Anyhoo, this moves looks like a good one but I doubt Glen is done dealing. The Raps need another big man. I'm glad to see Alvin's playing better over the last few games... I hope he can stay relatively healthy. Boogie can break some ankles when he is so inclined, and he's always been clutch in crunch time.

Archived