Jambands.ca

i quit smoking!

mikey d

after 2 years of smoking i decided to quit while i was young to avoid the more extreme difficulties of trying in the future. ive quit for 3 days now, and im doing well. its been a bit harder than i thought, but its not too hard i just need to use my self-control. ive noticed much more how strong the smell of smoke is on other people, as well as the extreme inconvenience smoking used to prove financially, physically, and as a time-waster. wish me luck!

I quit cold turkey about 3 and a half years ago and I'm loving having given it up- still smoke the herb but not the tobaccy.

I support the will power and fortitude way- 3 days is hard- so the rest should be easy- honestly I kept telling myself the more days I made it that I owed it to myself not to screw it up.

and I had smoked for 10 years!- and really loved it....

Congrats my good man... I know exactly how hard it is too quit. I smoked for about 8 yrs myself and when it came to quitin time, It was a struggle and a half(gave'in and took zyban like a priss). 3 yrs later im happy to say, im still smoke free and feeling better then ever.

Head aches have been reduced by half and I can actually breathe when I go on them long portage's through the bush with da boyezz...

So if u can bite the bullet long enough champ Youll pull through.

the weekend was the hardest. im allowing myself the odd cigar here and there. i know its a poor substitute but its not like im smoking half a pack of them a day. i had a drag of a smoke friday, but went all saturday night without one even after 12 shots of vodka. today was rough as i was at an incredibly stressfull play rehearsal all day (and i was hungover from last night), but i pulled through. i think its getting harder as the days pass, but im going strong. thanks for the kind words! [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by NewRider:

I have really really bad lung problems and smoke a pack a day. I've tried quitting a few times but always start losing my shit and freaking out. Whats the secret?

Has anyone had success with Zyban?

Ben quit smoking using zyban and he use to eat cigarettes for breakfast.

Archived