Jambands.ca

Hey Ottawa, who's got some neglected instruments?

bouche

I thought I'd share this since, I can't be the only one with some stored music instruments/items laying around which could be used by others, especially through this amazing project.  I targeted Ottawa in the title considering local drop-off logistics.  But if you're out of town, maybe there are other ways.

Instruments For Africa will soon be sending our first shipment of instruments to Ghana and we’re hoping that you can help make our upcoming trip even more successful.

Since distributing our last shipment of donated instruments to Zambia we have looked forward to expanding our reach once again.  After poring through the hundreds of requests for help we have received and consulting with officials at several embassies we are confident that our next shipment can make a great impact on the lives of countless children in schools in and around Ghana’s capital city, Accra.

Our current instrument collection will equip seven schools in Ghana with much-needed musical instruments and instructional materials but we would love to be able to help even more.  With your help, we are hoping that a last-minute instrument drive can generate enough donations to allow us to outfit an eighth school, or even a ninth.

If you have any musical instruments, accessories or print materials such as cases, bows, tuners, metronomes, method books or scores that you would like to donate to the youth in Ghana please get them in soon!  

While we are pleased to accept virtually any instrument,* at this time we are specifically hoping to receive electric keyboards, electric guitars, saxophones, clarinets, and especially recorders**.  We also have several violins that are lacking bows, so if you have an extra violin bow or two we certainly could use them.  

Instrument and accessory donations can be dropped off at Metro Music (695 Bank Street/closed on Mondays) or you can click here to arrange for a pick up.  If you don’t have an instrument to donate but would still like to help you can make a financial donation by clicking here.

If you can, please help us help Ghanaian children fall in love with music.

Thank-you for your continued interest and support.

If you would like to be removed from this mailing list please reply with the word REMOVE in the subject line.

*At this time we are unable to accept used harmonicas or acoustic pianos (though we are happy to accept electric keyboards of all types).

**Yes, recorders!!!  In addition to being easy to ship, easy to learn and quite durable in virtually any climate, the recorder is surprisingly popular among children and teenagers alike in every African country we’ve visited thus far.