Jambands.ca

White house admits pre-9/11 warnings, sorta

Davey Boy 2.0

From the Daily Mislead:

At his press conference yesterday, President Bush was asked about charges that he had received warnings prior to the September 11th attacks that a terrorist incident was imminent. He answered that even asking such a question was "an absurd insinuation." It was the same sentiment expressed by Bush's National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice, who said in May of 2002 that "[no one predicted] that they would try to use an airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane."

The problem for the president and the administration is that the White House has previously admitted that the president had personally received such specific warnings. As ABC News reported in May of 2002, "White House

officials acknowledge that U.S. intelligence officials informed President Bush weeks before the September 11th attacks that Osama bin Laden's

terrorist network might try to hijack American planes." As Condoleezza Rice said at a hastily called press conference to spin these revelations, the President specifically received an "analytic report" on August 6th, 2001 at

his Crawford mansion that "talked about Osama bin Laden's methods of operation" and "mentioned hijacking." According to Reuters, that report was

congruent with "intelligence since 1998 that said followers of bin Laden were planning to strike U.S. targets, hijack U.S. planes.".

While the administration claims that the president's pre-9/11 warning was actually "not a warning," the threat was specific enough for Attorney General John Ashcroft to stop flying commercial airlines. While no warning was issued for the general public after Bush's personal intelligence warning, Ashcroft was flying exclusively by leased jet instead of commercial

airlines because of an official "threat assessment by the FBI."

My god Davey Boy, we share the same signature. This must mean that you too are an HST fan. How wonderful.

I too have heard these allegations, if you will, about how Bush was told from someone that there was going to be the hijackings of commercial airliners. Quite frankly I am not surprised that Bush didn’t act on these first threats, and now I have come to my own weird conclusion that bush knew the whole thing was going to happen and that he let it happen so he could wage warfare on the Iraqi's and Afghanistan people, stealing their oil.

Also for another excuse to end the war/grudge his father had started ten years ago with Sadam and Binladan.

If you want to read some in depth conspiracy stuff about Bush knowing/CIA involvement, go here:

http://fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/02_11_02_lucy.html

and if you can't get enough, here too:

http://globalresearch.ca/articles/11SEPT309A.html

Personally, I don't buy it, even though it's pretty clear there were some warnings and the Bushies were in bed with the Saudis and what have you.

quote:

Originally posted by tatterdemalion:

new member here. canadian transplanted in boston, ensuring "homeland security" by watching over your dirty hippies' every move.

coming home for holidaze, looking forward to catching new CDN muzak.

nice to meetchya.

If I lived in Boston, I'd stay there for NYE: Addison Groove Project is doing a show, with RAQ.

(And welcome aboard! If you're in Toronto this week, come out to nero/Bob Wiseman at the El Mo on Friday.)

Aloha,

Brad

i've caught AGP & RAQ plenty -- not bad, but getting a little stale for me. actually, i can't say that about AGP since i haven't seen them in quite a while. RAQ is fine, but the prerequisite for seeing them is getting the phish cover-band idea completely outta yer head. after that, it's not hard to enjoy the music.

home in ON was North Bay, folks recently moved to the bowels of ON - Brantford. at least i'm closer to music now.

Archived