Jambands.ca

Montego Bay 82'

jon.

oh i will care to comment.....

get a fucking life, and don't take yer GD so seriously, i've heard it once so far, it may not be the best show ever, but there are some moments...

It is a good one for the collector.

the jams are short and the early 80's are a bit rough around the edges....but my opinion rarely jives with many others...like: I think the new "Dead" toatlly suck, but hey everyone deserves an opinion.

jon, i'm sure you know, because i put that in quotes, i didn't write it. a guy questioned the GD tapers compandeum (sp) comment. I'm sure i'd probably question a comment like that as well...

i just followed your link, and it was the only response ...

but before i download the show, i figure the question was worth repeating.

hey steve - i realize that it was not your comment, and my response was certainly not directed at you. I find reviews like that to be of no help what so ever....i downloaded it simply because i had read about that show in steve parish's book(he actually says it wasn't the best show....how could it be, they started th efirst set at 4am), and was just curious to hear it....i really like early 80's dead, even though it can at times be kinda rough...i just like the raw guitar tone that Jerry gets.

I'd say that it is worth a listen.

.....hmmmm.....some of you may know our hippie buddy Taj who was around 40 Main this past summer, he was actually at this show/festival and had some crazy stories about this day/night! Said it was like the GD was playing in their backyard, they took a cooler into the show filled with.....buds!

The funny thing was, Bobby and the Midnites opened the festival, and a lot of people thought they smoked the Dead that day, that it was far from the GD's best performance. You can find the shn's of that on gdlive I believe (warning for Weir heads ONLY).

I listened to this with Taj and it was amazing to see his reaction as it all came back to him 21 years later, very cool.

Like most GD performances I'm sure it's not as bad as some say it is....but there were some stinkers, that's fo sure!

I have the Clash set** from this festival...but the next night,they even make a joke about bring the GD back out if folks didnt liven up,I have read many reviews and not many are favourable,I did read somewhere that members of the GD were not happy with the way things were goin at this fest...although I enjoy the show myself,it appears GD were not to well liked by the organizers and their performace lacking...I guess GD did quite abit of whinin' or somthing..if I can find the link for the comments made by one of the organizers I will post it.

**The Clash

Date: 1982-11-27

Venue: Jamaica World Music Festival,Montego Bay, Kingston, Jamaica

Source: SBD or FM > ? > CD-R > EAC > wav > mkwACT 0.97 beta 1 > shn

1. London Calling

2. Police On My Back

3. The Guns Of Brixton

4. The Magnificent Seven

5. Armagideon Time

6. The Magnificent Seven (reprise)

7. Junco Partner

8. Spanish Bombs