Jambands.ca

if anyone wants to know... (jamcruise 2)

ggrtrhhrtgg

Hey Sean, tuesday night, Galactic on stage, busted out some sweet, funky jam... this group of quite large fellas are dancing at the back of the pack and this big dude, double fisted, approaches me and apologizes for possibly steppin on me... I laugh and say no worries.. he then proceeds to tell me, he loves the cruise because he is a big guy, and he doesn't feel comfortable dancing close to the stage, and thus ends up (at most venues) being so far away that he can't see anything going on up stage, his eyes are not that good. He likes the back because he likes to close his eyes and shake it, and at the back you have enough room to do so... I laugh again and say, ya, I like it back here for the same reasons... he then proceeds to introduce himself as Tim the Mayor... and points all of his boys... We then share a few laughs and return our attention to the stage, and close our eyes and connect with the music... man, the whole event was fuckin sick!!!! yours truly...

I forwarded Tim this thread........ He'll respond no doubt. Funny thing is I noticed you are from St Catharines. I didn't know anyone into the jam scene years back when I lived there, is it finally taking hold? I went to Holy Cross Class of 95, lived down in Port Dalhousie and didn't meet any heads until I left for Univ in Waterloo.

He is a good dude to know, he travels well, respects all the right things, and some of his friends are involved in the planning side of things so freebies are not uncommon. I did Berkfest, Trey in VT, IT, and Wormtown with him this summer- all told he is a killer road trip companion.

S

heh!!! Holy Cross class of 90!!!hahahaha.. many of my friends are in the scene and have been for years, good friend Mike toured with the dead for a while, as for myself, I was a late bloomer, my first show was in 98--- further fest... so now I am making up for lost time... it would be cool to meet up with you and Tim the Mayor at some festival... I am totally looking forward to seeing some of the "usual suspects" some where on the road...

St. Catharines has had a small but deadicated scene for a little while. When I was there at Brock I used to catch this band called Buddahs Don't Box, they were awsome. We even got the fatties to come to town twice (97 I think). And of course Rose Garland is stationed out that way too...

I met some people at Bonnaroo from St. Catharines, the one dude worked at the Great Canadian pub I think.

heh, that's me!! I feel a little like a fuckin idiot, but, can you refresh my memory??? Trying to remember when I met you there... on another note--on the jamcruise, i played soccer on the beach with Michael Franti... spearhead put on a superb performance... All the freaky people>It's a family affair>What a Wonderful World>All the freaky people... and Denson was jamming with them... he also told the story about his bracelet, blew my fuckin mind... but, Trev, we have to meet again at a show, and you too Sean... adios mi amigos

hehehe right on man, I thought I'd mention that, but didn't think you'd be that guy...

Lets see, when did we meet... I think It was on the grass in the afternoon at the main stage. I'm thinking it was the last day. We should have hooked up with your crew and parked it. But we wandered off to shakedown. When we came back in the evening for the dead set, the place was packed! I had no idea how many more people the main stage could accomodate. Ah well... It was good meeting you, next time we'll do it up better.

btw - great Franti story!

I was playing frisbee golf a little while ago with this dude from Bermuda. At one point he had asked me what I was doing for the weekend, and I mentioned this band I was going to see (Hiway Freeker). I was trying to describe them, and finally he was like, "sort of a jamband" ? Errr yeah... Most people I run into have no idea what a jamband is. So anyway he's a phish fan etc... Turns out for a while he used to live beside Franti in Bermuda. He said they used to hang out, party, late time jams, all the time. Man that would be sweet!

wow!!! imagine that!!!?? Yes, he is a very cool guy, he definitely practiced what he preached, not a bad soccer player either... he was always hanging out with people, which I thought was one of the coolest things about the cruise... no one was hiding out in there cabin... yes, we will hit it up for sure... there is a good crew down in St.Kitts.. oh- and favourite moment of the last day at roo, was Darkstar...

Archived