Jambands.ca

Political Corruption makes me sick: Red Hill

secondtube

As some of you may know, a lot of the money FUNDRAISED for the Savign of the Red Hill Valley is being used to hire a Toronto firm at close to 400 dollars AN HOUR, to help convince a panel not to build the highway.

well, right away i KNEW this was a sham, a scam, a devious piece of work.

Now its being reported that Our Precious Hamilton Mayor Dianni gave his assistant wife's husband the contract.

400 dollars an hour of Citizens money, that was supposed to be going towards the stopping of the highway is now going in the personal pocket of Hamilton Mayor's Assistant.

BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(the reason i'm sick of this save the valley crap. its not happening. things are too corrupt. too much money to be made.)

(and also, conveniently enough, lafarge got the main building contract for the highway, they also pretty much control all the consruction in Hamilton . . . do to their ummmm "family" power)

quote:

Originally posted by secondtube:

(and also, conveniently enough, lafarge got the main building contract for the highway, they also pretty much control all the consruction in Hamilton . . . do to their ummmm "family" power)

Being in construction for the last 16 years in Hamilton I must dis-agree with that.Although they do have a hand in some of it.But PCL(for example) is a Toronto outfit and they have a large hand in most of the highrise residential/large commercial construction in Hamilton,which is wrong IMO,since they are just another large construction company but from Toronto,although neither firm have a single finger within the industrial industry,which is where this cities money is primarily made or the housing industry which is also been booming the last couple years.But there is also the fact that Lafarge are one of the leaders around S.Ontario in the highway construction business.

Just like when I go to work on a reline on a blast furnace in dofasco,dofasco hires the companies that are specialized in working on blast furnaces and in steel mills,having Larfarge work on the highways is a wise choice sorta,they know what they are doin and are considerably good and quick at it,some jobs you can not just hire Joes construction for since he would not have the resources,when you factor in the cost of equipment,manpower etc etc.You gotta go with the people who have the resources and $$.Unfortunatley we know where some of those dollars are coming from now.

Although I see your point in relation to the political aspects of it and that bothers me also.

Anyway,not argueing bro,just my take on it I guess,its sad,I was saying awhile back talking with friends about Red Hill and was saying that I highly doubted that money raised for the saving of Red Hill would be used directly or correctly and now I see sadly I was correct.That money isn't even helping people within' Hamilton,but employing folks from Toronto,so our donations have gone to another city so to speak.

Agreed 100% Esau.

I understand LaFarge is going to do a good job, and there aren't any (not that i know of) big companies that have the work force and equipment they do.

but i also read in Gangland International, a book consisting of all organized crime WORLD WIDE, about LaFarge and their 'family connections'.

but that isn't as sickening as where the money raised by the red hill valley is actually going.

True enough bro,I guess there is a large chapter in that book about the houseing contractors from this city...now theres another shady bunch.

But this untendered contract shit is a bit much and to boot our mayor says "Its my fault,I slipped" (so to speak). I just finished reading the mornin' paper.....disgusting,and the worst part is there will be no charges or shit like that over it either.

Great to know we got these folks in power 'round here eh? -

Archived