Jambands.ca

Montreal restaurant recommendations

bradm

I'm going to Montreal tomorrow for the nero/PB show, and was looking for recommendations for restaurants for dinner.

I'm staying downtown, near Metropolis, so anything within walking distance of that is possible. I'd like something funky, with interesting, surprising, tasty (including spicy or ethnic) food; if the place had good beer and/or wine selections, so much the better.

Aloha,

Brad

Guest Low Roller

Since you'll be on St. Laurent anyways, just go down to Chinatown. It's on St. Laurent, but depending on the weather you may want to cab. That's where the good shit is at.

Also, on St. Laurent you will find Schwarz's Smoked Meat. This is where you find the smoked meat to end all smoked meats. A very generous mountain of smoked meat with mustard and rye bread. Oh sweet Jesus I'm hungry just thinking about it....

Enjoy Montréal!

Guest Low Roller

However you spell it, it's fuuuuucking GOOD... And it's not that far at all from Metropolis.

I screwed up locations, Metropolis is on Ste. Catherine and not St. Laurent, still, I recommend both locations for ridiculous good eats.

Archived