Jambands.ca

Phish show for a freezing, sunny, winter morn

CyberHippie

Just to switch it up...

12/31/95 (Sun) Madison Square Garden - New York City, NY

Set 1: Punch You in the Eye, The Sloth, Reba, The Squirming Coil, Maze, Colonel Forbin's Ascent > Shine* > Fly Famous Mockingbird, Sparkle, Chalk Dust Torture,

Set 2: Drowned, Lizards, Axilla II, Runaway Jim, Strange Design, Hello Ma Baby**, Mike's Song***,

Set 3: Auld Lang Syne# > Weekapaug Groove## > Sea and Sand, You Enjoy Myself, Sanity, Frankenstein, E: Johnny B. Goode

Comment: *Included narration about "The Recipe for Time". Tom Marshall sings lyrics to this cover by Collective Soul. First time played. **Acapella. ***Ended with only Trey left on stage creating a series of delay loops to end the set. #Phish Time Phactory Machine: Phish dressed as scientists play with synthesizers while lights flash and Va de Graff generators zap. Fishman (dressed as Father Time) is raised up in a bed and reborn as Baby New Year. ##With Auld Lang Syne tease.

http://web1.nugs.net/phish/951231_mp3.asp

What a great show. I still listen to this one frequently, and it was like the 2nd or 3rd Phish show I ever got. Set 3 is ridiculous. One of the best Weekapaug's I've ever heard, Sea and Sand is amazing, YEM, Sanity!, and Frankenstein. Unbelievable. Too bad they dropped the ball on the encore for this show, it truly is, in myopinion, one of their best ever.

Archived