Jambands.ca

Larry David (Sr.) on Bush

larry jr.

This is pretty hilarious:

Published on Monday, February 16, 2004 by the International Herald Tribune

Bush and Me, Guarding the Homeland

by Larry David

http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0216-07.htm

Lithuania's pretty chillin, by the way. A little slow, but what are you going to do? The other night I accidentally wound up at the equivalent of a Campus Crusade for Chirst Valentine's Day meeting. We were all divided into 4 groups, and my group had to act out a love scene from Braveheart. I was told to protect "Mel" with my imaginary sword, but someone else slayed me with their imaginary sword, even though I thought I had slayed him first, but he told me to die in English so I lay down on the somewhat dirty ground. I left shortly after. Jesus ain't for me.

quote:

Originally posted by larry jr.:

Lithuania's pretty chillin, by the way. A little slow, but what are you going to do? The other night I accidentally wound up at the equivalent of a Campus Crusade for Chirst Valentine's Day meeting. We were all divided into 4 groups, and my group had to act out a love scene from Braveheart. I was told to protect "Mel" with my imaginary sword, but someone else slayed me with their imaginary sword, even though I thought I had slayed him first, but he told me to die in English so I lay down on the somewhat dirty ground. I left shortly after. Jesus ain't for me.

Given what I know of your cultural background, and the fact that Lithuania isn't Scotland, and "Braveheart" has nothing to do with Jesus Christ or St. Valentine, I think I now know why you're in Lithuania: you're on a fact-finding tour for the real Larry David...coming soon, to an episode of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" near me...?

Keep the updates comin'; I doubt we could make this stuff up!

Aloha,

Brad

Daybreak: Bagdad. The proud men and women of the Navy are fighting for freedom. But you're in Lubbock, Texas, hosing stains off a monument. You're in the Naval Reserve. America's seventeenth line of defense, between the Mississippi National Guard, and the League of Women Voters. After basic training, you'll only have to work one weekend a month. And most of that time, you're drunk off your ass.

Thanks for that one Larry! [big Grin]

Peace,

- M.

Archived