Jambands.ca

Wilco To Birth Their Ghost In June

M

from chartattack

Wilco To Birth Their Ghost In June

Rock critics, prepare to brace yourself for what will surely be the #1 album on your end-of-year Top 10. Wilco have announced that they will release their next album on June 8.

Wilco’s fifth studio album will be called A Ghost Is Born and will feature 13 songs in all. The record follows 2002’s Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, which was delayed by almost a year after the band were dropped from their record contract and had to scramble to find a label to release the disc. After much delay, the album was released to mass acclaim and re-established the band as one of the most beloved groups amongst music critics and college rock fans.

Wilco have finished up recording the new album and have scheduled a couple of festival dates around the release. They’ll be at California’s Coachella for the indie rockers in May and will show up at Tennessee’s Bonaroo for the mellowed-out hippies.

As with Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Wilco will release this album with a different line-up than when they recorded it. As we previously reported, the band recently lost their keyboardist, Leroy Bach. There’s no word on why Bach left Wilco, but the split is said to have been amicable. During the recording of Foxtrot, the band lost key member Jay Bennett, a saga that was detailed in the Wilco documentary, I Am Trying To Break Your Heart.

Here’s a tracklisting for A Ghost Is Born:

"At Least That’s What You Said"

"Hell Is"

"Chrome"

"Spiders"

"Muzzle Of Bees"

"Hummingbird"

"Handshake Drugs"

"Company In My Back"

"I’m A Wheel"

"Wishful Thinking"

"Late Greats"