Rose Garland coming to Kitchener!

dark_starr

Saturday May 8, 2004

Rose Garland is happy to share the stage with Harvard Mouse

Lancaster House

574 Lancaster St. W. , Kitchener

Hey NewRider, here's our setlist from Frisco's on Saturday night:

SET ONE:

The Music Never Stopped; Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodle-oo; Here Comes Sunshine; Me & My Uncle > Big River; Row Jimmy; Crazy Fingers > Jam > Deal

SET TWO:

Feel Like A Stranger; St. Stephen > Eleven Jam > St. Stephen > Scarlet Begonias > Fire On The Mountain; Terrapin Station > Jam > Playing In The Band > Uncle John's Band > He's Gone > The Other One; (pause to replace a broken string) Jack Straw > The Wheel > Jam > Saint Of Circumstance

ENCORE:

Eyes Of The World > Sunshine Daydream

Nice,

Awesome second set the other night guys,wish I had made it for the first one.Good to see ya'll again kickin' out some great GD.I walked in late right about the time ya'll were in the midst of Scarlet.

Scarlet Begonias > Fire On The Mountain; Terrapin Station > Jam > Playing In The Band > Uncle John's Band > He's Gone > The Other One;

That was a string of music I needed so fiercly..

Thanks & I'll hopefully see you guys on friday.

Wow, it seems like I'm working too much these days and this board is moving too quickly for me to keep up!

I'm really excited that this show worked out ... it's going to be a special night!

The drummers in each band (Aaron MacGregor from Rose Garland and Tim Fisher from Harvard Mouse) are both getting married the following Saturday ... not a plan, but a cool coincidence. Obviously Aaron is a huge Dead fan (he plays in Rose Garland after all!), and Tim is also a huge Dead fan, so this show will go out to the two of them and their partners, and the plan at this point is to set up two drum kits on stage and have both of them up there for at least part of the night. Two drummers, Dead style!

As well, Tim is a good friend from way back of Chuck Evans (dark_starr), who is Rose Garland's bass player. If I'm not mistaken, I think it may have even been Tim who introduced Chuck to the Dead by giving him a few show tapes to listen to. So this show is special on a bunch of different levels, and I'm happy to be a part of it!

Oops, time to get back at it, or I'm going to be late for my class! "Sorry that I'm late class, I was lost in a pleasant dream-like state as I was thinking about an upcoming show ..."

Peace, Mark

Archived