Jambands.ca

Metric tonight at Call the Office!

MK

Wow... I just saw the best show I've seen this year!

Metric are at the top of the live game right now. Right now. Emily Haines is bigger than any bar. How can you hold her hotness against her when she is so clearly an artist?

She was doing SOMETHING every second of the show and the band never missed a beat through a load of time signature blitzes and ultra-tight punk/pop/retro-rock. She is more of an expressive artist than any instrumentalist in the jamscene and yes, I'm totally in love with her.

"are there many hippies at Western?"

"I've had maybe three hippie boyfriends and it's kinda funny, nobody has treated me as bad as my hippie boyfriends...this one's for them..."

Combat Baby follows...

it's funny how rock is unprofessional in its professionalism. the more she said 'fuck this and fuck that' the more pro it seemed. the louder and more in my face the band got, the more they seemed like an arena band. I paid ten bucks and would have paid thirty. the full-page in last month's SPIN is mcuh deserved based on that live show. the real deal...in front of me any hour ago (she touched me on her way to the stage too!) as if Dido or Sarah McLaughlin have a message - ha!!

yeah, nobody danced but everbody listened. and the SHOW was completely measured. I would have been satisfied with 30 minutes because she was showing herself at every moment and between every song - when I saw her at Hillside she said nearly nothing but after tonight I never want to see a band without a performer like her (hot, cerebral, angry, and endlessly entertaining.)

the mix on the studio CD really does them a diservice. that was some of the tightest most thumpin shit I've seen in a long time and I'm buzzin just like after I saw them (her) the first time. [big Grin][Eek!]

dude, im right there with ya....that was an amazing show...and yeah, watching emily had me lovestruck, too...oh man, she is something else...whoa..what a mesmerizing rock n roll sexpot...

i thought the sound was great. mixed perfectly for them. sounded brilliant.

yeah.....absolutely fantastic music, indeed. great show.

ps: #1 Wet Blanket was the hippie boyfriend song. but combat baby might as well be, too. haha.

never heard of metric before this weekend, but - had a blast... best band i've seen in awhile, good high energy.

leading lady definitely had her shit together. don't think i was drooling as much as the boys... but yes she was sizzlin'!

nice to get out and hear some straight up rock n roll again. everyone was left wanting more... a good way to finish, i think.

props to metric!

Archived