Jambands.ca

Sound problems COMPUTER>>>>>>STEREO

jay sanislo

hey guys was wondering if ya could help me with something today. I was hooking up my computer to my stereo and i am having some problems. I have an RCA cord going from my amp connected to a little converter to hook up to the back of my computer, i got the RCA cord plugged into VCR1 (cause i have nothig else open) and the other end goes into my speaker jack on my computer. IM pretty sure this is the correct way to do this but the sound is really really weak coming out of my speakers, is this because its connected into vcr1 or do i have it hooked up wrong, or is it because i got a cheap radioshack cord, or anything else for that matter,. ANy help would be appreciated, THANKS.

"I have an RCA cord going from my amp connected to a little converter to hook up to the back of my computer"

what is this for?

i'd run a rca 1/8 inch stereo (like a walkman headphone input) into a left/right rca cord.

then turn the volume about one third on your computer, and if it needs to go up more, turn it up on your stereo....

what your trying to do is incredibly simple...we'll get it working, just DONT LET STEFAN TOUCH YOUR COMPUTER!!!!!

i'd run a rca 1/8 inch stereo (like a walkman headphone input) into a left/right rca cord.

thats exactly what i am doin but the sound is just horrible, way too weak on the bass and way to trebly im gonna try adjusting with my volumes like you said above, lets cross our fingers.

So Steve,

Is this program you mentioned in the other thread "freeware"?

If not do you know where I can get it and get the reg key for it?

Looks like I'll have to do it that way,since I need to clear some room to continue recording the other shows.

Yeah,I tried that program.But I went for the updated version 193 beta.(most updated and reccomended)

Only problem is you cannot remove the long audience part in between tracks & it only seems to make one split in the music,when I marked my second split it removes the first split.Also leaves no reference mark to be able to see exactly where the track spilt is.

I don't know,a whole afternoon on this and one track split...don't think I'm meant to bring these shows to CDR.

Only other solution I guess is to record each track one at a time and save them that way.Which I am not about to do now or at all for that matter.

I think these will be personal shows instead of trades,one track per disc.

Thanks anyway.

if i remember correctly, your reciever has preset channels that do automatic eq mixing...

turn them off so you have a clean signal.

then find your mixer on your computer (or if your using the winamp mixer, turn it off) so that its an unmixed signal coming from your soundcard to your reciever...

that should take the muddyness off...then using your computer, not stereo, mix the levels accordingly...

i imagine yoru soundcard has a mixer that came with it...do u have a mixer your using seperate from the winamp mixer?

hmmmm, maybe try testing the computer input into the cd channel or another channel on your reciever...maybe the channel your trying to use it dusty...

if you still cant get it wroking properly...i'll come by...

Archived