Jambands.ca

Phish rumours - Summer, TAB, Vegas...

Basher

Saw this post over on PT, and thought I would post here for those that may care. This one has some legitimacy for whatever reason - the dude who posted says Page is his sister's husbands cousin.

[big Grin]

Topic: So Page called me last night.....

He said that tour dates will be out by Thursday if all goes well. They are having some issues w/ legalities regarding one venue in the south and are waiting for that to clear itself out. Worst case, they will be released by next Thursday.

He said they have done some major work on the new tunes and will be playing at least 2 new tunes each night in vegas. He hinted towards a couple of new covers too, but wouldn't reveal anything. I told him we want PSYCHO KILLER or else...he laughed. Said he wanted to bring back "light up or leave me alone", but Gordo is being a bitch about it.

He said they WILL DO a festival in the north east at the end of summer. Trying to get a big area in VT signed on, but they are having zoning problems with an airport up there that lays on the property.

He also said that TAB will tour, but probably not a long tour. Maybe 6-8 shows around B'roo.

peacenluv-jw

a festival in the Northeast would be nice. I wonder when?

I am hoping for a decent summer tour with good representation for the northeast US - Great Woods, Jersey, Saratogo, Hartford, etc.

It would be great to see TAB again too. I expect they'll tour around BRoo, but how many shows is hard to say.

Maybe we'll find out on Thursday!

Colin

a couple of updates for the Phish fans:

7/29/04 @ Star Lake in Burgettstown, PA

and, from PT:

"Well Sort of...I am telling you all that I know but it is 99.9% the way the rest of the year of Phish is going down. I KNOW this sounds gay, but I do not want to reveal my source b/c I do not wanna be on his/her bad list and be out of the loop from here on out.

So here we go

Summer Tour I - June 20thish-July 4thish...I do not know the exact start/end dates or venues BUT THE FIRST LEG IS ONLY 9 SHOWS. I am 100% positive on the 9 shows for Summer I.

Summer Tour II - 10-12 Shows Plus Festival in August.

Fall Tour - Still all not confirmed but 10-12 shows in October.

NYE Run - M I A M I

So, it looks like starting Vegas it'll be one month on, one month off until NYE for touring. A little strange how they choose to again go the "small tour" route. It is still a 20 Shows summer tour, but it is broken up which is kinda cool. But most tours that go longer get more bustouts and crazy shit as they are basically forced to mix it up since playing 20 shows in a row of the same stuff gets old. But Just Sharin' The Groove with you.. BOTR OUT "

Festival in Vermont, possibly.

For once, other people seem to agree that this is consistent with what they've heard too. Look for tourdates in the next week or two, I bet! [big Grin]

-

Nice pic Marco, I listened to that game on the radio on my way up to Ottawa. Phish nailed my national anthem, barbershop style. I mean, they really sounded good.

A little side note from a friend who's friends with the band. Gordon left at the half because he had no idea what was going on [Roll Eyes]

Vermont's going to the Big Dance! Second year in a row. Go Catamounts!

Archived