Jambands.ca

Album of the year!

PassedOutGuy

Hey ya'll... just thought id throw my 2 cents into what i believe to be the album of the year and it hasnt even been released yet... the new John Scofield disc Uberjam is sick as hell! Got a promo copy yesterday and cant stop playing it...John Medeski and Karl Densen guest on it and its out there... phunky , jammy, groovy and every track is different... wicked wicked textures... should be out in a couple of weeks or so so keep your eyes peeled for Uberjam... everyone here that I know will deffinately like it!

god am i ever kicking myself for missing that one :-(

harry hood had a sudden meeting...sorry to mr. hendrix if that fucked up sopme shit (i'll still take the order if at all possible?)

and sorry pauly and julie, wish i could have caught you 2 in time...

hope the show kicked some serious bee-hind!

in my heart i know it did, and i'm a putz for missing tit.

Yo,

Galactic rocked.

Treyter I guarantee you would have had a blast but there will be other good times - you not making out was a disappointment but it didnt fuck anything up. For others that missed it, I think Galactic is playing the same venue again in September.

Anyway it was the first time ive seen them do a two set show (ive seen them open and also play on a multi-bill). They started off slow and smooth and just kept picking it up. By the end of first set they were just roaring. Second set pretty much picked off were the first left off. It was like a roller coaster, big peaks with nice groovey intervals - however the state i was in it very well could have just been me but i dont think so. I really dont know the names of many of their songs but I have a hazy recollection of them doing Sabbath's "Sweatleaf".

Now attempting to bring this thread full circle - All is I can say is that i dont spend to much money on studio albums (only 5-10 or so a year and its usually some band that I just saw live and grabbed their disc at the end of the show) but I cant wait for this album. Id forgotten about it but now you've gotten me psyched again.

Hey, hey, hey, thought I would resurrect this thread from 3 pages back, I have a damn opinion on everything today....am listening to Uberjam on headphones as I type this and it freakin' rips! There has been a very distinct evolution in Scofield's last 3 releases (of this style of music- I know he released a more pure jazz album in the last couple of years, but I'm not talking about it), from A-go-go to Bump to Uberjam. This new album has some samples and electronic tidbits, even a rap in one song!!! Done by the drummer, Adam Deitch. It has been released as The John Scofield Band too, so looks like we can expect some more super cool stuff from these cats. I saw the rhythm guitar player Avi Bortnik and bass player Jesse Murphy in the Scofield band summer 2000....I still say that was the musical highlight of my life so far. This is a great album!! Check it out....

Take care of your shoes...

• 2 weeks later...