Jambands.ca

Star Wars Question of the Day

bouche

Guest Low Roller

Obviously not an official Lucasfilm release. They have no plans to release the first trilogy on DVD until after the second trilogy has been completed. They hope to package it in a six DVD set.

Of course by the time the second trilogy is complete DVDs will already be obsolete, and are going to be replaced by Blu-Ray.

A Blu-Ray disc will be the same size as a DVD, but will be able to store 6 times more information (27 GB!).

Guest Low Roller

They would NEVER release a huge DVD like this with a 'Region 0' coding. That would allow bootleggers to run rampant around the world.

Guest Low Roller

Ok, here's the OFFICIAL word from a RUMOURS site:

"It seems that Lucas will be releasing Episode 2 and 3 like any other new release so expect to see Episode 2 sometime in the fall of 2002 and Episode 3 in the fall of 2005. The orignal trigloy should be out sometime after Lucas is done with Episode 2 and 3, so maybe 2005 or 2006. The latest rumors is that Lucas will be going back and revamping Episodes 4-6 to make them fit better with episodes 1-3."

that's been the official rumour for a couple of years now.

I think I'd like to amend the official rumour that says he's released it in japan, and is holding off on the US for some unknown godawful reason. However, hackers got the better of him.

Speculation is fun.

I'd buy them if I didn't hate buying shit off of ebay....then again, it's more of a money thing. I don't have any.