Jambands.ca

Bass Players???

Ms.Huxtable

Well, Dr. Huxtable regrets to inform you that we have parted ways with Scott, our bass player.

We are now beginning the search for a permanent replacement.

We are searching for someone who will take this seriously. We are setting up a regular gig and require someone with the talent to step right up to the plate and who has the ability to learn our material quickly.

If you are interested, or know of anyone who may be, please contact either Dr. Huxtable or myself.

geoff@drhuxtable.com

sharon@drhuxtable.com

Thanks everyone.

i know what your going through hux. Im from hamilton and in a band as well and i think bass players are a dime a dozen. Are bass player just returned from jail and we thought everything would be cool when he got out (3 months later) but now were not sure if we should of waited or moved on.It doesnt seem like he is serious enough meanwhile me and the guitar player have been working realy hard these past few month with our keyboard player playing the bass linesand it sounded great, and now that the bass player is backi i regret to say i think i was having more fun without him.

It's a bit of a drag being kinda stuck in this transitional period, but the weekly gig, and keyboard player fronts are looking very promising, so in the words of a great lysergic storm trooper...

We Will Get By!!!!

Doc: If you have a keyboard player, you might be able to get away without a bass player.

For songs that need two guitars, you and dave-O both play guitar, and the keys fill in the low/bass notes (either played, or using sequences). For songs that need a bass, you play bass, and dave-O alone does the guitar.

(We came up with this idea in a band I was in back in university ["The Dangerous Kitchen", Queen's, late '90 / early '91], but never got to try it. YMMV.)

If you want to hear how things can sound without a bass, go listen to Jeff Beck's "Guitar Shop" album: Jeff Beck / guitar, Tony Hymas / keyboards, Terry Bozzio / drums.

Aloha,

Brad