Jambands.ca

This is just ... just ... WRONG!

arcane

The horror...the horror...

Oh, Lord, why hast Thou forsaken me? I give Thanks and Praises, and this is how You repay me? What have I done to offend Thee?

Folks, this proves one thing: back in the late '60s (or early '70s), everybody, even staid and conservative TV executives and producers, everybody, was on drugs. I can't conceive of any other explanation. What were they thinking?

Nauseated,

Brad

And there's a cut between the "fight" scene (did anyone else get the feeling there was a naked tumbleweed wrestling match behind that dune? What was with all the clothes being flung out??) and the final chorus; a friend found the full song on KaZaa and says it's a musical interlude. I shudder to think what the video must be like without the anchor of Nimoy's singing.

Which is in itself a scarier concept...

And yes, it's firmly attached to my brain like a facehugger. Except it's scarier.

From my understanding, it wasn't even hacked - the video may have been put there for a few friends only, and he has limited bandwidth; then the word gets out, it's on a site of the day type, and bam, his access is crawling and his ISP may charge him a ton for the excess accesses. So I can understand being angry and pulling it.

The vet reference seems spurious though.

I was just almost concerned that after finding that out, the Sanc was 404ed... but remembered the other problems it had before. And since.

Nonetheless, if you're going to put something as weird shit as _that_, you better be prepared for having it accessed. The internet is full of weirdoes who don't mind taking a peek at it, even if it's just to gawk and gasp - they still look at it. [big Grin]

Dammit but this song is infectiously vile.

A friend found the movie on a hopefully more stable server. A simple google search was all that was necessary. If one can deem this search to be "necessary" in any sense of the word.

There's a page discussing it elsewhere, and another website in Czech, I think; but it has a link to the song in real-player stream. I have it as mp3 but can't put it on a server. EDIT: I just found another site which has the mp3 zipped.

I've been able to see the 'break' is not where I thought it was, and am still unsure if the video was done to the reduced song. I still dread to think what they'd do on the instrumental verse.

Why is this song clinging to me so? Is it the weird chord progression, making me think of Jefferson Airplane's "White Rabbit"? Is it the surprise key changes where I'd expect them later? Is it the sheer mind-boggling badness of it? bradM and arcane can vouch I listen to strange bad stuff... I have a tape of it done by a friend who collets it... Kirk 'singing' Tambourine Man... hardcore japanese death metal (where you can't figure out the language, much less words - there's just voices screaming incomprehensibly)... drunken toothless old Marines singing musicals without cadence or rhythm - or just ONE cadence throughout, rather... THE worst children's album ever ("Eustace the Useless Rabbit - and I pray this says nothing to everyone else)... stuff like this... (Zappa's The Blimp made it on the tape, almost by accident, I think. I like it.)

quote:

Originally posted by dancingfool:

Dammit but this song is infectiously vile.

A friend
. A simple google search was all that was necessary. If one can deem this search to be "necessary" in any sense of the word.

Thanks, DF. You *know* I'm good at reaming Google [Wink] I just hadn't taken the time to do it (it's that "necessary" thing you mentioned). Besides, I'm annoyed that the original link was messed with.