Jambands.ca

the New Deal made my head go boom, hmmmm, I wonder how many words I can put here, hmm

weezy

So I'm sitting at home yesterday afternoon and my neighbor comes home from work (landscaping) all excited because he found a huge patch of 'shrooms at the house they're working at. So, we brewed up some tea and prepare for the BIG NIGHT.

((insert SCI review here))

(everyone's too sensitive about SCI, so I will not comment on them at all, even though the show was great)

So after the SCI show, we shroomed on over to Richards on Richards for TND. They have grown a lot since the last time I saw them - my mind was completely blown away - Jamie Shields was pulling-out some outrageous keyboard manouvers and the light show was, as usual, over the top. The place was packed as well. They have really packaged a complete show, highlighted by the insane climax(es) at the end of the 2nd set - it was almost equally as entertaining to watch the reactions of some of the first-timers - some people looked completely overwhelmed. I'm tempted to head up to Whistler for tonight and watch tND's reaction to Blue Quarter. (they're opening tonight) BTW - congrats to BlueQ for the big gig!

If I don't head to Whistler tonight for a second helping of tND, then I'll go see nero with Flowmotion, or maybe FreeFlow or Slammin' Jack w/ Jeff K or maybe Jurassic 5 or ........

jealous anyone?

I completely agree about the New Deal show. I was one of those first timers who continually tripped over my jaw as I danced. Truly unbelievable. Myself, I am planning on heading to Whistler to see Blue Quarter & the New Deal; and this time I'm getting decked out in my club clothes rather than looking like an old hippie at the back of the room in my tie dye. [smile]

Wow!!!! I've seen TND so many times now and it just jumped way to another level. Maybe it was partialy the production. The have a kick ass light show. They played some jams I've never heard before, for example one was definetely inspired by their ventures with Herbie Hancock. wow!

I saw String Cheese the night before (my 4th time), and I'm still not that impressed. Amazing musians, increadable lights, the venue sounded impeckable (comparable to the MMW Ottawa show), but I found them a little boring. I kept going outside for breaks. I got there late, left early. One thing that I really liked though was the Paul Simon tune they played.

So I would love to go see TND tonight in Whistler, but tonight I'll be playing with SLAMMIN JACK at El Cocal in Vancouver. Take care y'all!

It's all firmed up. We're heading out in 45 minutes or so for Whistler Village. Staying up there for two night in the Shoestring Hotel. Tonight BQ and tND, tomorrow night some private house party that we got invited to at the SCI show. Supposed to be live music there too! Does the party ever stop? (I hope not)

Love and peace to you all... See you next week...