Jambands.ca

Thursday in Ottawa - Comfort Station/Dr. Huxtable

Pootie Tang

Hey folks, just wanted to inform everyone that there will be a Comfort Station/Dr. Huxtable show going down this Thursday, July 22/04 at Ottawa's Cafe Dekcuf (221 Rideau Street). We had a stellar time playing there in June, pulled off a great show and sweet recording of the night, so we are real happy to be coming back again. If you were at Canada Day Oh Four at 40 Main Street, then you've probably heard both of these bands play before, whether you remember that day or not. Joining us this time around will be two possibly out of town bands, The Hope Fiends and Pavlov's Dogs. 4 bands for $5??? how can you go wrong, so c'mon out and support the local independent music scene.

Hope to see you all there!!

Pottie

I gave a listen to the MP3s on The Hope Fiends' website, and they're pretty interesting: sort of lush studio textures, which remind me of either late Beatles or maybe even Klaatu. The female singer has a great voice, too.

I'm planning on coming out. Anybody else?

Aloha,

Brad

I imagine that it will be an early start. Any one know for sure?

9pm sharp I believe, or am pushing for. With 4 bands, it's gotta be quick rotations, or the last band, which may be us, will be going on too late. And who wants to get on stage past midnight on a Thursday in Ottawa, no one is up past that hour let alone listening to music.

Thanks, Pootie; that'll require a serious change to my usual logistics, 'cause I figure I'll need to get there by 8:30pm to get set up for a 9:00pm start. (I don't know whether the other bands allow taping [but I'll check], but I still want to get completely set up before the bands start and the club fills up.)

Aloha,

Brad

Tickets for the Stag & Doe will be sold in full force tonight. Todd and I will both have a stack so if your planning on coming and need a ticket they're only 5 bucks, and if you're not planning on coming but would still like to support the lovely couple...they are still 5 bucks.

I have some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that due to unforeseen circumstances, Dr.Huxtable is unable to perform this evening.

The good news is that I imagine this will mean that there will be more comfort station tonight!

Phred