Jambands.ca

DRIVE-BY TRUCKERS IN TORONTO SEPT. 11

NewRider

oh, and i'm pretty sure both shows will have poor turnouts...

hopefully next time the promotors will get their heads outta their asses....

Probabaly not, but one could hope.

I don't know what you mean about promoters? If a band is on tour the promoters get a band when a band has a open night or two and are driving or flying through the area. That AGP and DBT are playing on the same night doesn't mean the promoters have their heads up their asses.

I can't speak for the AGP, but I do agree with Jaimoe, the DBT should have a decent crowd at the Horseshoe.

i don't know if anyone else caught AGP's performance at bonnaroo but it was out of this world. Jen hartswick and the truth blew my mind during that set. AGP is definitly a kick ass band. I am not so big into the truckers but i can definitly encourage some people to check out some agp stuff. If anyone wants some live cd's. I have a truck load of promo gear and would be more than happy to hook them up. As well AGP will very shortly be getting some exposure in both print as well as the radio so i would expect the turnout to be decent but hopefully we can cram the place!!!

Hey Marky - I'd be happy to take you up on the AGP hookup - I have none, have never seen them live, and don't think I even know what they sound like since I have no download or burning capabilities either.

As for the turnouts, it seemed to me the last time the Truckers played the Shoe, it was mostly a non-head audience. It seems possible that the AGP show could suffer that night, but I don't think the DBT show is dependent upon the jam audience to succeed.

Luckily, with the shows so close together, it is probably very feasible to catch some of both shows (which is hopefully what I'll be able to do). Perhaps the promoter of the AGP show could talk to Against The Grain and try to somewhat stagger set times.

The last time the Truckers played Toronto there was a bunch of other stuff going on and the Shoe was about 75% full. Their crowd definitely isn't a "jam" crowd so AGP won't affect their show at all. It does suck that both bands are on that night because a lot of people that would have checked them out will miss out again.

TimmyB: Both shows DBT did last year at the Horseshoe they played Ronnie & Neil. At the November 1st show last year they debuted a new song called Danko/Manuel which is on their upcoming album "The Dirty South" out Aug. 24th.