Jambands.ca

Show Announcement: Brian Wilson @ Massey Hall

\/\/illy

House of Blues presents

Brian Wilson

Wednesday, October 6, 2004 at 8:00 p.m., Massey Hall

(Tickets $65.50 - $45.50)

Brian Wilson is one of rock's most deeply revered figures, a legendary writer, producer, arranger and performer of some of the most cherished music in rock history. It is no exaggeration to call Brian Wilson and his contributions to music with both The Beach Boys and his solo career, one of the most influential pop composers of the last 50 years.

ON SALE: 10 a.m., Friday, August 20, 2004

This performance is not available for sale on-line.

Please note, a ticket limit of 4 tickets per patron applies.

To order your tickets:

Please phone the Box Office at (416) 872-4255

Monday – Friday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturdays 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.

Or visit the Roy Thomson Hall Box Office, 60 Simcoe Street, Toronto, Ontario.

Or order online at www.roythomson.com or www.masseyhall.com

Tickets are personal licenses and are not transferable. No tickets sold shall be resold, given away or disposed of by the purchaser in connection with any promotion by the purchaser of any products or services whatsoever or for any other commercial purpose, without the express written consent of the producers.

That would be an interesting show.

Mind you, I'm very disturbed by the parallel tours of "The Beach Boys" and Brian Wilson. It's so very bizarre.

One night, I happened upon his site and watched a few promotional videos with interviews with Brian and his current band.

Check them out here...

http://www.brianwilson.com/media/video.html

I'd love to hear another opinion on what Brian has to say. He really comes off as a blatant egomaniac.

Also, a new tune I heard sounded like friend of the devil.

I saw Brian Wilson play the Molson Amp. a few years ago on a double headlining tour with Paul Simon. I don't think his keyboard is plugged in as he had 2 other keyboardists on stage. Everyone in the band was pretty young and all dressed like they were in an Old Navy commercial. I think there was about 12 people in his band, not sure if this is the same thing though.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm considering it.

The Beach Boys played one of the worst shows I've ever seen, but they were sans genius.

And I bet my ego would be even bigger if I was slightly insane and had people calling me a genius for the last 40 years.

Believe it or not, people hardly call me genius at all. Instead they call me belbers, or toddles. I just don't get it.

i've seen the "beach boys"... very sh!tty... mike love is a real dickhead

brian wilson... man, his band is soooo tight.... on his recent live album, checkout the instrumental track off of Pet Sounds (the definitive beach boys album... er, brian wilson album)... they are really freakin groovy ... brainwillson may be old and cracked... but most geniuses get old and often crack i guess... he's not great on stage, but at least he's up there givener... with a solid band to boot