Jambands.ca

Mule setlist 12/30

ollie

The big one's tonight but here's what went down at the Beacon last night (via the Philzone):

Govt Mule, Beacon Theatre, NYC 12/30/04

Set 1:

Slackjaw Jezebel

Do You Think You Know What I Mean

Don't Step On The Grass Sam

Thorazine Shuffle

*??

No Need To Suffer

^Sco-Mule

^You Can Leave Hat On

^32-20 Blues

Set 2:

Bad Man Walking

Perfect Shelter

Bad Little Doggie

About To Rage

I'm So Tired>

Drumz>

I'm So Tired(reprise)

^Trane(Favorite Things tease)

#Cortez The Killer

^Blindman In The Dark

encore:

Soulshine

*w/James Blood Ulmer-guitar/vocal

^w/Ron Holloway-sax

#w/Jason Isbell-guitar(Drive By Truckers)

This is from Jambands.com:

Late Night with Gov't Mule

Fresh off a December 29 appearance on Late Night with Conan O'Brien , Gov't Mule welcomed the popular television show's guitarist, Jimmy Vivino, to the Beacon Theater's stage on NYE. Vivino joined for a series of songs at the tail end of the group's second set, including "The Ocean," "Paint It Black," "Dirty Work" and "Don't Let It Bring You Down." The guitarist also returned for an encore of "Look Over Yonder's Wall." Featuring a handful of segues and jazzy breaks, Mule interweaved a variety of songs throughout the night and twisted several setlist staples together. Some choice moments: "Money" bookended by "Effigy" and "Lola, Leave Your Light On" built around a "Dazed Mule Jam."

Saxophonist Ron Holloway added several asterisks throughout both nights of Gov't Mule's two-day stand. Holloway's appearances also included choice versions of "You Can Leave Your Hat On" and "32-20" on December 30. That same night, opener James Blood Ulmer sat in on "I Asked Her For Some Water, And She Gave Me Gasoline" and Warren Haynes offered an a cappella version of "My Oh My."