Jambands.ca

Kevin Smith on Degrassi Tonight!!!!

rubberdinghy

Did I miss him or was he not on? By the way, anyone who thinks the new Degrassi is better than the old ones needs to tell me what they're smoking... That was a horrible half hour of television, from the acting right through the paper thin story line... I won't be watching again, that's for sure...

[color:"purple"] Wow, this episode is so much better, I can see why people love the New Degrassi! I'll keep watching, just for Kevin Smith, although even he is being pretty cheesy on this show... Seriously, how is this better than the old school Degrassi?

Tripe... What an apt description... I didn't find it fun to laugh at though... I just shook my head in disapproval throughout both episodes... I'm sorry, maybe I am old (thanks for pointing that out VoodooLady) but I was literally raised on Degrassi... From The Kids Of Degrassi Street to Degrassi Junior High and Degrassi High... I loved that show. I wouldn't necessarily watch them now, but those were really good shows... This new version of Degrassi lacks something... It just didn't make me want to watch... Horrible characters, even the old hang overs from the original series were painfully bad in the new Degrassi. The storylines have been overplayed since Saved By The Bell, and I'm sorry, but there's no way Kevin Smith would have allowed that "band" to do some songs for a movie... That was awful... Give me the Zit Remedy any day... Sorry kids, the new Degrassi sucks, and please don't give me the Ween treatment over it either... My mind is made up...

Seriously, how is this better than the old school Degrassi?

It's not, your just older!!!!

What I meant by that Del, is that the show has always been cheesy, sucky, whatever you want to call it. The only difference is that when you were watching it you were a kid and now you are watching it from an "adult" (using the term loosly for obvious reasons ;))perspective. As for the themes beeing overdone (safe sex, coming out, drug use, bullying, ect), they will never be overdone because it's always a current issue for people of all ages.

As a youth worker I think Degrassi works, maybe not for older youth or adults, but for the 10, 11, 12, 13 year olds it deals with issues that are relevant to them in a way that appeals to them!

JMO ::