Jambands.ca

Neil Young Ryman Auditorium 8/15-19/05!

TimmyB

HOLY S*%T!

From www.rollingstone.com

NEIL YOUNG will perform -- for the first time since suffering a brain aneurysm -- at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium August 15th to 19th. The five-night stand will be taped for the performance DVD Young is working on with filmmaker JONATHAN DEMME .

The Ryman is beautiful. The newer Opryland cannot even come close and was a major disappointment, but the Ryman Grand Ole Opry kicks ass. I was in the Ryman in February and it is truly a music shrine, with reputably the best acoustics of any venue in North America if not the world - according to Alison Krauss and many other artists that were interviewed as part of a history of the Ryman video.

Neil and the Ryman = it doesn't get any better.

Edited by Guest

The Ryman is beautiful. The newer Opryland cannot even come close and was a major disappointment, but the Ryman Grand Ole Opry kicks ass. I was in the Ryman in February and it is truly a music shrine, with reputably the best acoustics of any venue in North America if not the world.

Neil and the Ryman = it doesn't get any better.

I'm going to seriously look into going to this.

I don't know if I can swing it though, too many shows this year.