Jambands.ca

Duane-era ABB fans unite!

dJEd

i was listening to the Gatlinburg tapes yesterday(my favourite things in particular) and decided to start building my pre-10/29/71 allmans collection again.

i always thought it was kind of funny that i dont like the majority of one of my fave bands careers.

i guess there aren't many sources to find those old shows around anymore, right? i seem to remember something about the trading policy being bunk.

i have all the official releases and then some, but i want more Duane boots.

Esau, you must have some good noise happening in this department.

for the most part i'd say to hell with 72-02. not that there aren't some good moments but thats all they are, moments in the dark age of a great band.

I have a couple of Duane era Allmans boots I bought in Greenwich Village a year ago - the store I was at had at least 50 Duane era Allman bootlegs. The sound quality is good on these bootlegs. Also when I was at that store, I bought a very rough looking bootleg DVD of the Allmans at the Fillmore 1970 - probably dubbed from 1-inch tapes or old VHS.

I bought the Allmans at the Fillmore 1970 a few years ago too - I sent away to Grateful Dead merchanding for the CD. It was a lost concert, found by accident when Dick was looking to compile another Dick's Picks. Dickey's guitar is unfortunately buried in the mix on many of the songs.

Edited by Guest

I have numerous recordings & studio outtakes (ABB albums) with Duane,boots with ABB,as well with other artists like Delaney & Bonnie,Clapton & John Hammond.

But I have read most of your comments about those artists in the past & figure you'd have no interest in them based on that.

Oh yeah,I also have video from 1970-09-23.

Sorry can't help ya,no "noise" in my collection and I'm a ABB fan from the past to the present so that also rules me out.

Mines a "B" to "B-" quality (recording & video)VCD ,running time 46 minutes.Low vocals at the beginning of the video but cleans up during 'Dreams' I believe.There is some great footage of Duane.

I have this footage (minus the other artists) and according to ABB's website heres what they played:

Setlist

Order Song or Setlist Comment

1. Don't Keep Me Wonderin'

2. Dreams

3. In Memory of Elizabeth Reed

4. Whipping Post

(partial)

The Byrds, Elvin Bishop, Albert King

Van Morrison, The Flock, ABB

Wednesday, September 23, 1970

Heres the text file for the 2nd GEN footage:

9-23-70

I have the same VCD Fillmore concert as Esau, although I have an entire Whipping Post. The VCD also has a bonus section of live footage from 1976-91 Allmans. Some of it is cool, especially a Tonight Show appearance with a young Warren and always scruffy looking Allen Woody.

One frustrating thing about the VCD Fillmore bootleg ( other than the low to non-existent vocals on Don't Keep Me Wonderin' ) is that the footage was obviously directed by some flaked-out hippie. Lengthy shots of Jaimoe, the crowd, or Dickey playing rhythmn are common when Duane takes solos. It's enough to drive you mad. Still, I'd rather have this footage then non at all.

By the way, I don't have a DVD burner.

Edited by Guest

I have numerous recordings & studio outtakes (ABB albums) with Duane,boots with ABB,as well with other artists like Delaney & Bonnie,Clapton & John Hammond.

But I have read most of your comments about those artists in the past & figure you'd have no interest in them based on that.

Oh yeah,I also have video from 1970-09-23.

Sorry can't help ya,no "noise" in my collection and I'm a ABB fan from the past to the present so that also rules me out.

actually i haven't commented on any of those artists. i'm sensing a little hostility here.

the "noise" comment is slang not literally noise. like saying what kind of shit do you have in your collection. or jive.

actually i haven't commented on any of those artists. i'm sensing a little hostility here.

the "noise" comment is slang not literally noise. like saying what kind of shit do you have in your collection. or jive.

Not sure what to tell ya, other then you must have poor sensory perception & I'm not up on the slang ya'll use now-a-days,I guess.