Jambands.ca

Grocery Store Wars -- Organic Food

StaggerLee

i don't buy organic, unless it's something that's not offered in the regular veggie/fruit section. i watched a national geographic program a few years ago about a team of scientists drilling into an iceberg in antartica (which was never before touched by man) pulling up all kinds of manmade chemicals.. what exactly i have no idea.. but i just kept thinking.. what the F? so, no i don't buy organic just because nowadays i think it's extremely tough for anything to be truly organic. plus around here during the warmer months roadside fruit and veggie stands litter the area and i'd much rather support our local farmers.

every now and then we go to a few local farms around here, reallly nice mushrooms, freerange birds, tasty veggies

i see your point though, i mean said organic farms arent that far away from hamilton, im sure there is still a certain aspect of pollution to the air but at least theyre not sprayed down and waxed up

during the week we usually go to goodness me here in hamilton, its got a sweeeeet deli, they prepare a shitload of tasty dishes, samosas, soups, salads yummmmmm i reccommend it to anyone in hamilton. prices are higher than "normal" food but you pay for the organic right

Edited by Guest