Jambands.ca

Jeff Pevar kickass guitarist!

StoneMtn

This is a guy that more people need to know about. I saw him play on the island of Bonaire recently, and he is incredible live. He was playing with a band called Sugaro (a world-class band which hasn't really existed since 1998, but will probably play gigs twice a year on Bonaire) and I also saw him do a lounge-type act with a local Bonairean (former member of Sugaro) named "Moogie".

It turns out he's played with Phil and Friends, and Crosby Stills and Nash, and Ray Charles (among many other gigs). Check out his website at http://www.pevar.com

Also, does anyone have access to the Phil and Friends run from NYC at the Beacon Theatre in 2000? Those are the shows where he played, and I'd love to hear those.

(BTW, he's also a beautiful human being to meet in person.)

an excellent guitarist. he was/is in the second generation of Jazz is Dead, replacing Jimmy Herring, who cannot be replaced. but yeah, Pevar can definitely wail. i remember watching a video a while back of him trading licks with Herring on Franklin's with Phil. great phrasing.

Just wanted to bump this post, and seriously encourage you all to check out www.pevar.com . Email him, too. He's the friendliest guy you'll ever meet, and he'd love to hear you're interested (especially if you've ever seen him live, with Phil and Friends or otherwise).

CPR tours unfortunately do not make much money. CSNY tours help subsidize CPR tours, so hopefully we'll see one soon. Check out www.crosbycpr.com - live at the Wiltern is a great live CD - CPR with a full band. Think of a more jazzy sounding CSN. Wonderful harmonies as you'd imagine. And James has written some great songs.

Last time I saw CSN (in 2005) both Pevar and Raymond were in the band.

re James Raymond - there was this documentary on CBC a few years ago where they looked at rock star's children. James Raymond was one of the children profiled. His adoptive parents said that they had never even heard of David Crosby - Bing Crosby they knew of, but not David!

Jeff was my neighbour when I was living in Collisnville Connecticut. I met him by chance at a little cafe/bookstore named for Gertrude Stein called Gertrude and Alice's back in 96 . The night in particular we met, Jeff was there playing celtic folk music with his wife. She plays harp and tin whistle and Jeff was playing guitar as accompanyment. After that set was over we followed Jeff over into Simsbury CT to see him play with a country/rock band for a few songs and then to top the night off we crossed the road to the most famous blue hole in northern CT called the Maple Tree Cafe. Jeff sat on a bar stool under a red lightbulb on just a cord and ripped up some wild solo blues licks.

At the end of the tour Jeff came over to talk to us to see why we had been following him around all night. After we explained to him about our "love" of music and his music that night we became pretty close friends.

If I can access a scanner I'll post some pics of the night I got married. After all was said and done with the wedding a crowd of folks came back to my house for a fire and jam session and Jeff saw the fire from his place and came over with the Cros himself and rocked out around my fire for hours. That was truly the best night of my entire life.

As if you save that story for this thread! Amazing!

It was never important and I didnt know if anyone even really cared. Ive never seen any talk about CPR or Jeff until this thread either. If I remember too alot of heads weren't too impressed when he was playing with Phil so I didnt want to upset anyone because I love Jeff's playing. The guy can play anything, anytime all you have to do is ask. Trying to stump him is one of his favourite games.

By neighbour I mean a few houses down and where I lived a few houses down is about 10 miles.

The Green Arrow is pointing at my address and the small clearing just to left is my house and gardens. I own 14 acres. Jeff lived NW of me in the clearing just beside the resevoir and even with where the river bends, looking down onto my property.. The resevoir in NY resevoir # 8- Neapaug Resevoir and the river is the Farmington River. The river is one of 4 rivers in North America that flows north and creates the Farmington Valley leading into Hartford. The Mountain I was on is called Neapaug (pr--Nay-paug).

I learned alot about this area also as Native hunting camps and trails from hundreds of years ago run all through the area. The town of Collinsville was named after the Collins family who owned and operated the Collins Axe Co. and a mill and water system all on the River. The town was founded in 1646.

Edited by Guest