Jambands.ca

the only thing that pisses me off about this years bonnaroo.

DMB = 12 years of (mostly) sold-out shows all across America, EVERY year. Hell, even the cranky Bob Lefsetz who doesn't much like them thinks they're the biggest American band going. Because they're consistent and people can count on them, plus they don't generally rip people off. Their ticket prices are consistently below market averages for tours of their kind. They make a mint, the fans go home happy/ That's a social contract that few bands can form. Now I'm not saying the likes of Pearl Jam DOESN'T have this with their audience, just saying that that's where DMB have made their mark.

As for those making fun of their audience, let me just say that the last couple of times I saw DMB their audience lived up to precious few of the stereotypes people tend to throw at them. In fact, I had a blast being part of the crowd - people danced and sang along and had a genuinely good time, they didn't just skulk around in a dirty pharmie haze all goggle-eyed and seedy, like the last bunch of Phish shows I saw.