Jambands.ca

Raptors 2007/08 - Fan Forum

Basher

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't care about his shooting - he has been a good shooter in the past and will be a good shooter again. Like Jaimoe said, he needs to be interested in defense/rebounding.

As for AP - bottom line - he is NOT a starter for a GOOD team. He is a solid bench player playing startes minutes on a team shallow at the 2/3 position, in terms of quality starters.

I was happy to hear that Mitchell will be back next season. Now, let's get him some weapons.

IF TJ gets traded, it will be bittersweet. As much as I like Jose, TJ can do things that Jose just can't do, like getting his own shot 1-on-1. I know people cringe when he pulls the trigger early, but that tenacity is important.

Here are a few trades floating out there in the fantasy realm.

TJ Ford for Jamal Crawford

TJ Ford for Andreas Nocioni

Discuss.

I really don't care about his shooting - he has been a good shooter in the past and will be a good shooter again. Like Jaimoe said, he needs to be interested in defense/rebounding.

As for AP - bottom line - he is NOT a starter for a GOOD team. He is a solid bench player playing startes minutes on a team shallow at the 2/3 position, in terms of quality starters.

I was happy to hear that Mitchell will be back next season. Now, let's get him some weapons.

IF TJ gets traded, it will be bittersweet. As much as I like Jose, TJ can do things that Jose just can't do, like getting his own shot 1-on-1. I know people cringe when he pulls the trigger early, but that tenacity is important.

Here are a few trades floating out there in the fantasy realm.

TJ Ford for Jamal Crawford

TJ Ford for Andreas Nocioni

Discuss.

I dunno TJ Ford seems like Rafer Alston all over again but with a bad back. I say trade him before we get stuck with another lame duck.

Is it just me or has Toronto been searching for a solid "true" point guard that can last for more than a season since Damon Stodamire left. What gives?

Calderone is that solid starting PG, but the Raps management got lucky since they didn't think he was going to be starter material when they signed him.

I hope you are right. I am personally exhausted with the endless Toronto rebuild that has been ongoing since Tracy and Vince left the Raps.

I hope you are right. I am personally exhausted with the endless Toronto rebuild that has been ongoing since Tracy and Vince left the Raps.

You have to acheive something before you can be called "rebuilding". 1 first round series win does not count.

[color:purple]Maybe Jerome Williams is available?

You have to acheive something before you can be called "rebuilding". 1 first round series win does not count.

Do you? I am going argue semantics with ya. I think the Raps were a contender when they lost to the Sixers in the conference semis, and then they went all the way from that into one of the worst teams in the league, trading away Vince signaled that they were "rebuilding" around another player, in this case Bosh.

Either way that was purely semantics...

TJ Ford for Jamal Crawford eh? Crawford always plays the Raps amazingly but I don't know if I would want anyone from the Knicks on the Raps...

What about Corey Maggette? Could he be the difference maker the Raps need? Do the Clips need a PG?