Jambands.ca

Raptors 2007/08 - Fan Forum

Basher

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was definitely a heartbreaker, but a very entertaining game nonetheless.

I got an email from Spirit Airlines - I can go to game 5 in Orlando (trust me, it will happen) for $50 round trip all in from Detroit.

That would be next Monday night, flying home the next day.

Anyone crazy enough to join me?

That was definitely a heartbreaker, but a very entertaining game nonetheless.

I got an email from Spirit Airlines - I can go to game 5 in Orlando (trust me, it will happen) for $50 round trip all in from Detroit.

That would be next Monday night, flying home the next day.

Anyone crazy enough to join me?

I am so in, if you are serious I am so in.

Definately trade Ford. We could get a lot for him...

You think? His attitude and injury woes submarined this team. They were better off when he was out. Plus' date=' teams know that the Raps have two capable point guards and thus not offer them a great deal.[/quote']

I agree with you Jaimoe

The bigger worry is what to do with Bargnani. I don't think the Raps drafted him as a "project". He did nothing all year and has regressed to the point of being a non-factor bench player. If Bargnani proved to be the player he is supposed to be, then the series would be still going on. Don't think so? Look at the other players from that draft and how they contributed to their teams this year. Do you honestly think he will be an in-the-paint player? I don't. You can't teach hard-nosed.

Definately trade Ford. We could get a lot for him...

You think? His attitude and injury woes submarined this team. They were better off when he was out. Plus' date=' teams know that the Raps have two capable point guards and thus not offer them a great deal.[/quote']

I agree with you Jaimoe

I think there are plenty of teams that need a starting PG, let alone one that started for a playoff team.

Funny thing about PGs is that so many teams are in desperate need of one that I think what the Raps get in return would surprise some of you.

Keep in mind that under the CBA, salaries have to match (more or less), so $7M a season has to be coming back Toronto's way.

The bigger concern for any team would be potential health issues, but there is a risk/reward in getting a legit starting PG that should give the Raps something of quality in return.

All that said, without a doubt, the biggest concern is Bargnani. Jaimoe is bang on there. It amazed me that they continued to trot him out there on the floor, when it was obvious to anyone watching that he just couldn't compete. He's 22, so he is no lost cause - yet. He will have to show HUGE improvement soon.

Yea Bargs looks pretty lost on the boards...he needs to gain a lot of muscle over the offseason and learn how to rebound...

I think if the rest of his game comes together than his shooting will improve.

Despite that, how good would Brandon Roy or Rudy Gay look in a Raps jersey right now? jeebus..

The thing that frustrates me most about Bargnani is his tendancy to be a spectator on defense. Muscle/bulk has nothing to do with that. When a shot goes up, he stands in place - watching it - instead of finding a man to box out or establishing position for a rebound.

Mental middget. That's the issue.

Yea I agree with you Basher completely. On replays of rebounds you can always see Bargs sorta just standing there. I think however that if he bulked up a little bit he would have more confidence in going after the rebound, and once he gets a few of those hard fought boards the rest of his game will follow.

in other news in the globe today the article on the Raps mentions AP as a possible trade candidate.