Jambands.ca

Bassist leaves TLG, Reed Mathis in

Rossolee

Ben C. Exits Tea Leaf Green

Bassist Ben C. has left Tea Leaf Green after almost a decade on the road. In an official message posted on the Tea Leaf Green forum, the Jammy winning musician said the following:

After ten great years on the road as a touring musician, I have come to the realization that this life is not for me. As a result, I have decided to leave Tea Leaf Green to pursue some of my life’s other passions. I wish my brothers in the band only the best. Their future is surely bright. Most of all, I am so grateful to my family, friends, and fans. You’ve always encouraged my free spirit; thanks for your continued support.

The members of Tea Leaf Green have spent the past few weeks focusing on a number of different side-projects. Most recently, keyboardist Trevor Garrod has formed his own Trevor Garrod Band and guitarist Josh Clark has signed on to tour with Particle on a temporary bassist.

Tea Leaf Green will continue on, however, with Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey bassist Reed Mathis stepping up to the plate. Mathis has played with Tea Leaf Green in the past, including a memorable jam at High Sierra in July. The new lineup will make its official debut at Santa Cruz, CA’s Rio Theatre on December 7.

Decent article here:

http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/exit-chambers-introducing-tea-leaf-reed/