Jambands.ca

Eclipse Summer Electronic Music Festival

YearsAlongTheSea

I know there's been some mention of this but I don't think it has it's own thread yet and if it does I can find it and don't care. What I do care about is whether anyone here plans on going. The line-up looks sick. That being said, I don't recognize too many of the names but Hallucinogen Live and a Shpongle DJ Set are enough draw for me. So, It's a 6 hour hike from my neck of the woods but if I get some time off, I'm seriously considering hitting this up. What I want to know is, who's coming with me?

Eclipse Festival

poster_eclipse_18x24_preview.jpg

[GMS LIVE!]

Spun records, Coast II Coast Entertainment (Ibiza / Spain)

www.gms-music.com

Groundbreaking psychedelic trance group GMS ,Riktam and Bansi regularly tour the world and have sold over 300,000 CDs on 8 albums and 10 compilations under their belt. Their music pushes and blurs sonic boundaries. It has inspired both producers and punters alike, making GMS one of the most in-demand live electronic acts in the world.

Shajahan Matkin (DJ Riktam) was born in 1976 in Amsterdam, Holland. He met Bansi in a coffee shop when they were both 14. At 15, he left school and went to India, travelled to Goa and experienced his first trance parties. After returning to Amsterdam in 1995 from another trip to India, he started making music with his friend Bansi. They created Growling Mad Scientists, which became known as GMS. Riktam now lives in Ibiza, Spain and DJs and produces live shows around the world.

Jose Quinteros (DJ Bansi) was born in Barcelona in 1976. Starting when he was 11, he played the drums for 6 years. Since his father was a musician, he also played bass and guitar. He and Riktam founded GMS after going to Goa together. He now lives in Ibiza and is constantly touring the world.

[HALLUCINOGEN LIVE!]

[sHPONGLE DJ SET]

Twisted Records, Coast II Coast Entertainment (London /United Kingdom)

www.twisted.co.uk

Simon Posford’s music aka Hallucinogen, Shpongle and Younger Brother has continued to shape the psytrance and ambiant culture as we know it. The multitude of projects involving Simon’s creative studio work has been one of the driving forces in the worldwide trance movement. Just by listening to his two Hallucinogen psytrance albums (Twisted and Lone deranger) we are literally carried away in the diversity and the subtlely of the sound variations. It would’nt be fair to talk about Simon Posford and Hallucinogen without speaking of Shpongle, a group formed by Simon and Raja Ram of TIP World. They produced three masterpieces ’’Are you Shpongled?’’ ’’Tales of the Inexpressible’’ and ’’Nothing Lasts ... but Nothing is Lost’’ .Their latest album is a world of traditionnal sounds blended together with the computer genius and psychedelic touch of Simon Posford’s studio production. To say that Simon is a great producer t is not exaggeration. His music takes you to a new musical dimension. Two years after his first live show in Montreal, Simon is back- this time on Eclipse festival’s main stage.

[VIBRASPHERE LIVE!]

Tribal Vision Records, Digital Structures (Sweden)

www.vibrasphere.com

From their Cloud 99 Studios, Swedish duo Rickard Berglöf and Robert Elster (better known collectively as Vibrasphere) have been pumping out tracks for almost a decade. With over 100 released productions to their name and gigs all over the world, they are without a doubt one of the most sought-after and respected trance acts in the world today. Early releases Echo (2001) on Spiral Trax and Lime Structure (2003) on Digital Structures established them as leading figures of the progressive trance scene, earning them a place in the history of this progressive sound. Their third album, Archipelago (also on Digital Structures) is regarded as one of 2006’s seminal releases. In late 2006, the single Floating Free was picked up by superstar-DJs Markus Schulz and Armin Van Buuren for their radio shows, resulting in a series of licenses, including Gatecrasher Live on Ministry of Sound and Armada Trance Vol. 1. Strong support from DJs Paul Van Dyk, Hernan Cattaneo, Paul Oakenfold, Christopher Lawrence, Remy, Menno de Jong, Kenneth Thomas and John 00 Fleming has helped with a successful transition to a wider audience and a whole new generation of Vibrasphere fans.

Riding on Archipelago’s success (and its following remix CD), Vibrasphere came out strong again in 2007, launching its fourth full length studio album, Exploring the Tributaries (this time on Tribal Vision Records). Showcasing a slightly different side of the duo’s productions, Exploring the Tributaries is more experimental in nature, incorporating sounds from a wide range of styles, including club-influenced progressive, electro-minimal and downbeat-chill. Rickard and Robert have put their years of studio experience to good use in creating a sound that will be both timeless and contemporary, a genuine look into the musical minds of progressive music’s pioneering acts.

[THE DREAMTREE PROJECT LIVE!]

Sonic Turtle (British Columbia)

www.sonicturtle.com

The Dreamtree Project is the Indian dub fusion project of ethno electronic artist Adham Shaikh and sitar virtuoso Uwe Neumann, featuring tabla by Shankar Das and flutes by Marty Carter. This dynamic quartet weaves a magic carpet ride of classical Indian raga afloat a dub cloud of swirling tabla, mystical flutes, spacey beats and booming bass-lines. Beyond notions of East meets West, Dreamtree conjures a fertile space for all who long to be seduced by the ritual power of music.

[D-NOX DJ SET]

Electribe, Sprout, Baroque, Fresco. Slik’t (Germany)

www.d-nox.com

D-Nox has been a highly respected player on the global dance scene for over 14 years. He began his career in the early 1990s in Germany. He has since thrilled the enthusiastic crowds on dance floors of all continents, visiting Tokyo, Cape Town, Rio de Janeiro, Shanghai, New York, Melbourne, London... He gained additional recognition for his releases on labels including Vapour, Baroque, Electribe, and his own Sprout Music. Over the past couple of years, the ever popular side project D-Nox & Beckers has been causing major ripples throughout the dance world. It started with Jetlag Slave, which was the most downloaded progressive-house track on Beatport in 2005, closely followed by Seven Hours, which was recently licensed to Renaissance for a compilation mixed by Faithless. D-Nox’s style is best described as crossover, minimal techno, twisted trippy, hypnotic and always rocking the dance floor. Christian Wedekind owns the labels Sprout Music and Plastik Park Records.

[bLANDILO LIVE!]

(Montréal)

www.myspace.com/blandilo

This duo is about to take you by surprise, not only by dint of their expertise and precision, but by a certain connection between Joannie Labelle and Merlin Ettore, the two percussionists who comprise this duo. They generate the humid passion of Latin, the electro-speak of the laptop, the rhythms of far shores beaten by hands on indigenous instruments, and the restless funk played by sticks on the western drum-set. Between them, they've done internships in Cuba, pursued advanced percussion studies, devised multi-media presentations, and worked the drum-set to frenetic heights. As you will see from Joannie and Merlin’s first note, this is no thrown-together outfit. They’ve been active in the Montreal scene, adding finesse to their presentation. Expect great things from Blandilo.

[GUAPO LIVE!]

Electronic, World beat, Dub, Indian Raga

www.myspace.com/djguapomusic

Since 997 DJ Guapo has been caressing audiences like a tropical breeze. He is a DJ, Producer, Remixer, Film Composer and Music Supervisor. He founded Finite Records in 2000. Guapo began his career as the Atmospheric Guitarist in tribal house group Quick Sound from 1996 to 1997.His first big gigs with them was at Bal en Blanc in 1997 at Metropolis and then opening of Club Unity. Quicksound went on to work with Lionel Ritchie and Danny Tenaglia, remixing U2 and Peter Gabriel. They have releases on Twisted, Buddha Bar, Cirque de Soleil Records. Guapo license one of their tracks for the PURE soundtrack C with he mixed and released on Finite Records.

[EUTERKE R.I.P ]

Noerg (Montréal)

www.euterke.com

François,

Today you’ve proven to us again that life is fragile and that sometimes it only hangs on by a thread... You were a talented artist and an incredible visual poet. Tech Safari’s team was looking forward to your musical and visual performance at Eclipse. We could hardly wait. We were very happy to count you among our close collaborators. You were a person that everyone benefited from knowing, a human like there are few.

Wherever you are, rest in peace and console your loved ones by whispering in their ears that your soul and the love you had for them are eternal. It’s up to you now to make angels dance... We will have a sincere thought for you during our festival... Farewell. Rest in peace.

We present our respect and sincere condolences to your entire family and your numerous friends.

The TechSafari Team

[ DJ Set]

Noerg (Montréal)

www.euterke.com

[RIKTAM DJ Set]

aka Growling Machines, Soundaholix, Zorba, 1200 Micrograms Spun Records. TIP World Records (Ibiza / Spain)

www.myspace.com/riktammatkin

[bANSI DJ Set]

aka 1200 Micrograms, Soundaholix, Zorba Spun Records. TIP World Records (Ibiza / Spain)

www.myspace.com/bansiquinteros

[bONGSI DJ Set]

Starlight Records (Portugal)

www.myspace.com/djbongsi

For the first time in North America

[ ADHAM SHAIKH DJ Set]

Interchill Records, Sonic Turtle (British Columbia)

www.sonicturtle.com/blandilo

[METALOGIC LIVE]

Boshke Beats Records, Hidden Agenda (Toronto)

www.myspace.com/metalogic

[PHEEK LIVE]

Archipel, Epsilonlab (Montréal)

www.pheek.com

[OMNI LIVE]

Akarien, Elektrofone Records (Montréal)

www.djomni.net

[THE WEIRDING WAY LIVE!]

(Montréal)

www.myspace.com/theweirdingmodule

[NOKTURNAL DJ Set]

Zenon Records, Area709 Records (Calgary)

www.zenonrecords.com www.area709.com

[EKOPLEX LIVE]

Aurora Boreal Records (Toronto)

www.ekoplex.ca

[FRENCH KISS LIVE]

Live electric harp, bass and beats (Montréal)

[sHANKAR DJ Set]

Tribal Vision Records, Shakti collective (Toronto)

www.myspace.com/djshankar

[sPANNUNGSBOGEN DJ Set]

Neurovortex.com, Psy-Fi @ Chyz.ca (Québec)

www.myspace.com/djspannungsbogen

[YANN DJ Set]

Ultra Groove Records, Tech Safari (Montréal)

www.myspace.com/yanndj

[RIKAM DJ Set]

Neurobiotic Records, Tech Safari (Montréal)

www.myspace.com/djrikam

[TENZIN DJ Set]

Tech Safari (Montréal)

[sKETI DJ Set]

Black light Activist (Toronto)

www.myspace.com/bushtelegraph

[ABSOLUTE DJ Set]

Musicall Box (Montréal)

www.myspace.com/myabsoluteworld

[JEREMY TAPWATR DJ Set]

Attitude recordings, Bluetunes, Echoes (Montréal)

www.myspace.com/tapwatr

[sEB DJ Set]

Mandala Sound and Vision (Montréal)

[OLIVIER SAINT-GERMAIN DJ Set]

Noerg, Spaceport Records (Montréal)

www.myspace.com/oliviersaintgermain

[ANIMA DJ Set]

Filthy Crew, Oui Rave-1 (Montréal)

[GALAKSY DJ Set]

Freak Addiction Krew, Mont-Trill (Montréal)

www.myspace.com/galaksy

[sONS OF AURORA DJ Set]

Area 709 Records (Calgary)

www.zenonrecords.com www.area709.com

[sUKHUSH LIVE]

Psychill with Live Flute

6362MetaForce (New York)

www.6362metaforce.net

[DJ POLITICS Dj Set]

Progrsv House, Breakbeat

Integral (Vancouver)

www.myspace.com/djpolitics

[ZUMBA LIVe et DJ set]

Dark Atmospheric Dub Tech, Chill Breaks

Sumkidz, Hot Pie Records (Toronto)

www.sumkidz.org www.hotpierecords.com

[JONAH K Dj Set]

Dark Atmospheric Break Beat

Teknotribes, Sumkidz (Toronto)

www.teknotribes.com

[sIREN SATIVA Dj Set]

Chill Breaks

Sumkidz, Hot Pie Records (Toronto)

[MIKE LAMBERT DJ Set]

Rythmic beats

Sumkidz (Toronto)

www.sumkidz.org

[KRISTIAN DJ Set]

Chill World Beat

Sumkidz (Toronto)

[FM Radio Gods LIVE]

Downtempo Electro

Iboga, Echoes, Attitude Recordings (Montréal)

www.myspace.com/fmradiogods attituderecordings.com

[RIBOTTO DJ Set]

INgrooves (San Francisco)

www.ingrooves.com

[bAYA & OLIVIe (Tag team) DJ Set]

Minimal Tech

Archipel (Montréal)

www.archipel.ca

[OMSHANT1 DJ Set]

Dubstep

Basskeptsecretcrew, Electronic Soundscapes (Montréal)

www.virb.com/basskeptsecretcrew www.electronicsoundscapes.com

[GALAKSY DJ Set]

Freak Addiction Krew, Pertin_Nce (Montréal)

[DOROBO DJ Set]

Dubstep

Digital Militia (Montréal)

www.digitalmilitia.net www.myspace.com/djdorobo

[sEB DJ Set]

Mandala Sound and Vision (Montréal)

[bOOM TARA DJ Set]

Syzygy (Montréal)

[LONGSTOCKING DJ Set]

Syzygy (Montréal)

www.myspace.com/djlongstocking

[ANiMA DJ Set]

Filthy Crew, Oui-R1 (Montréal)

[MAT THC DJ Set]

Psy chill, worldbeat

Tech Safari (Montréal)

www.techsafari.ca

[ATOMX DJ Set]

Create-Change (Montréal)

www.create-change.org

[FAYVID DAYFER DJ Set]

Minimal Tech

(Montréal)

I've got no one to roll with but I'm still thinking about it. I'm indecisive and really want to go but need peer pressure. Anyways, if so I'll be there for Saturday night to catch posford's double bill of Hallucinogen and Shpongle. I have a LONG weekend so I may make a little vacation out of it and roll through Ottawa for a visit. Do you know if they sell day passes or what the deal is for those just looking to loiter for an evening?

Just went to the site and saw this:

'Only one day left to buy your online Éclipse ticket !

The online ticket sale closeson wenesday the 30th of july at midnight! Afterwards you'll be able to buy them only at designated stores or at the gate.

The online bus ticket sale is now closed, you can still buy some at Psychonaut shop(Montréal) until the day of departure

If you don’t, you’ll be able to purchase your ticket at the bus – but only if there is still room at departure time, which is in no way guaranteed.

For the departure time and return day, you must respect the time indicated on your bus ticket or selected during at the time of your online purchase. If not, your ticket will be invalid and no Eclipse ticket is refundable.

Thanks for your collaboration'

It's not a far jaunt for me so I'll go check it out. Throw me a pm and we can try and set something up.

Giddy up. I'm all over this like shit on a wool blanket. The more I look at the line-up, schedule, layout, etc, the more I'm thinking this is going to be one hell of a party. I'm planning on being there for saturday night and staying until Hallucinogen is done or I can't dance anymore. Anyone having any last minute inspiration? Last chance to dance trance....