Jambands.ca

When You Awake -- good music blog

DevO

Mornin' all!

I just stumbled across this blog called When You Awake:

http://whenyouawake.com/

Its got a great set of mixtapes including the "Goes Twang" series where they compile country-infused covers of their favourite artists (Neil, Bob, Townes Van Zandt, The Band, etc etc). Pretty good stuff. I know a lot of you will like it. Enjoy!

About When You Awake

We may live in the city but we sure do miss the country! When You Awake is our ode to country life as well as a chronicle of the current indie country/folk/rock and roll/roots scenes in LA, New York, and any place where people listen to songs that tell stories. We're looking to bring you the best in revival goodness: Music, Style, Events, Recipes, whatever strikes our fancy...keep checking back as we update daily!

Favorite Bands: Bob Dylan and the Band, Waylon Jennings, Gram Parsons, Steve Young, Townes Van Zandt, Guy Clark, Dolly Parton, Neil Young, Van Morrison, Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson, Leon Russell, The Byrds, The Everly Brothers, The Flying Burrito Brothers, George Jones, Lefty Frizzell, The Allman Brothers, Loretta Lynn, Emmylou Harris, Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, The Grateful Dead, The Travelling Wilburys, The Highwaymen, Beachwood Sparks, Will Oldham, My Morning Jacket, Dwight Yoakam, Gillian Welch, Patsy Cline, Porter Wagoner, Wilco, The Bees, The Pierces, The Morning Pages, The Rolling Stones, George Harrison, Jonathan Wilson, Alana Amram, Leslie and the Badgers, Howlin' Rain, Vetiver and so on

Favorite Films The Last Waltz, Coal Miner's Daughter Honeysuckle Rose

5 Items I Can't Live Without: Nudie Suits, Records, Harmonicas, Guitars, Nashville

I Want to Party With: Honky Tonk Heroes