Jambands.ca

Thom Yorke's new band

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

According to the Radiohead website, Thom Yorke has started up a new band to perform his solo material with. Here is the line-up:

- Thom Yorke

- Radiohead producer Nigel Godrich,

- Beck/R.E.M. drummer Joey Waronker,

- Percussionist/multi-instrumentalist Mauro Refosco,

- Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Flea.

Sounds good so far.

The band has no name, but they have already scheduled a couple of shows for, uhm, next week. Two shows in L.A. on Oct. 4th and 5th...

I'm pretty excited about this sudden development.

They even have a promo shoot picture:

yorke452.jpg

Credit: Pitchfork

Guest Low Roller

THOM YORKE

October 2nd, 2009

01 The Eraser

02 Analyse

03 The Clock

04 Black Swan

05 Skip Divided

06 Atoms for Peace

07 And It Rained All Night

08 Harrowdown Hill

09 Cymbal Rush

Encore #1 [Thom solo]

10 Open The Floodgates

11 Lotus Flower

12 Skirting On The Surface

13 Judge, Jury, Executioner

Encore #2 [with band]

14 Paperbag Writer

15 The Hollow Earth

16 Feeling Pulled Apart By Horses

Do yourself a favour and check out some of these vids. This band sounds nothing like Radiohead. Much more psychadelic. My opinion: SICK as FUCK. Check out 'Pulled Apart By Horses' and 'Cymbal Rush' for sure.

Guest Low Roller

Hmm... Unless you *really* need to hear a full show start to finish, I would pass on this recording unless you're good at audio engineering and can tweak with the recording to make it sound better.

I can only describe it as sounding too bright with no discernable bass. It sounds like it was taped from far away as there is some echo as well.

There are better sounding recordings on YouTube.

Guest Low Roller
This site posted amazing recordings of three of the songs: Harrowdown Hill, Judge Jury Executioner, and Open the Floodgates. Here's hoping that the full recording surfaces from this source as it's the best I've heard thus far.

Guest Low Roller

I hope that you enjoy it. I just finished listening to it, and I was suitably happy with it. Could it be better? Yes. Is there anything better out there right now? No.

My only issue with it is the HORRIBLE chop-job done on editing out the crowd noise in between tunes. Not only is the crowd noise cut out, but so is the first lines for some songs. Sloppy and lazy.

It's still a great show though. Feeling Pulled Apart By Horses is probably as close to jamband as Thom Yorke will ever get.

Guest Low Roller

I *heart* Bradm.

AWESOME source. The thing with these three shows is that the setlist is essentially the same for each show, so really the quest is not to get a copy of each show, but just to get the best sounding recording regardless of the show. So far this is the copy to get.

Edited by Low Roller

The promise is certainly there but I found what I listened to in the car very inconsistent. The stuff I loved, I fucking loved but there were definitely moments when I was bored....which is certainly understandable.

Drummer/percussion shit is awesomeawesome at many moments. I'ld notice my car would be creeping to 150km/hr and would have kept rising if I didnt snap out of it.

Dont tell Douglas.

There's a torrent of the Oct. 4 Orpheum show

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=528939

done by the same guy as the Oct. 5 torrent.

The comments for the Oct. 5 torrent include one with a link to a tracker (that I'm not familiar with, and which requires you to register) for a "Thom Yorke 10-5-09 DVD w/ synced up schoeps audio:"

http://zombtracker.the-zomb.com/details.php?id=32695

Aloha,

Brad