Jambands.ca

A little bit of some rock and roll perhaps?

bouche

I think we're missing some great performances going on in the world. Read this, and you tell me how in the hell we could possibly not try and see this guy!

"On this tour, I decided to do a show that was all-encompassing of my career," says Osmond, who plays the Hummingbird Centre July 6 and 7 in a homecoming from his days as a Torontonian in Joseph & The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat.

"So I open the second act with this film. There's footage I found in my basement of me singing Go Away Little Girl at 13. Phil (Ramone, who produced the tour and Donny's new album of showtunes This Is The Moment) was actually instrumental in setting up that duet Natalie Cole did with her dad.

"So he did it again. Except in this case, it's me dueting with myself. Facing yourself is really weird, but it's cool. Little Donny sings the lead and I'm singing harmony."

Sorry to do this to you, but somehow I managed to stumble upon another D quote.

"So I was at this awards show, and Eminem came on two minutes after me," Osmand says. "He was at the Universal [Records] party, too, and I saw him in the corner, so I walked on over and I said, 'Eminem, I'm Donny Osmond.' And he goes, 'I know you! When I was growing up in Detroit, I used to listen to you all the time. You were a big influence on me.' So there you go," he laughs, "it's my fault! But he was very nice, very well-spoken. A lot of people hate him, but I enjoyed meeting him."

Archived