Jambands.ca

HIGHLY recommend attend your Zubot & Dawson

Groove Fetish

unfortunately, i just had to pass on both their tuesday & wednesday shows in T.O., $22 is a little steep seeing as i saw them for free before in guelph! Guess its not different than me paying $65 to see bela @ massey vs the first time I saw them for free w/ free snapple in the jazztent in '95.

we thought it was steep to pay $20 too but they were in a 5 piece band with Kelly Joe Phelps and Zubot and Dawson do the first set as a 4 piece and then Kelly joe is in for the second set and it is awesome. Honestly with the size of the show the door take was still only $500 in Guelph and I certainly can't begrudge someone trying to cover thier costs to bring in some good music.

We certainly have to remember to support stuff on our own side of the border to. Remember the relativity of ticket prices.

I know as much of a music lover as I am I certain don't support enough local and sometimes I am ashamed to say that it is because I say, oh that is too expensive, to see someting that could potentially be fantastic in my own town or nearby and in a small venue. WHat more could a person want. Oh well.

TK, going to be looking more to the local scene....which has more to offer than I bother to check out.

Archived