Jambands.ca

Radiohead Review - Molson Park Aug.3

Jaimoe

Radiohead kicked out the jams last night in Barrie. A little too mellow at times, but Paranoid Android, Airbag and Pearly really smoked. At times, all three guitarist, Ed O'Brien, Jonny Greenwood and Thom seemed to be possessed by the living guitar spirits of Television's Tom Verlaine and Richard Lloyd. As with Televison, Radiohead's guitar interplay was/is innovative, inspirational and magical [i'm telling you Phishheads, anyone not familiar with 70's proto-punk band Television should buy Marquee Moon, if only for the title track alone ]. Anyway, back to last night. After a near two hour set, Radiohead left the stage. What followed was 3 encores! That's 3 encores for Christ's sake. I was satisfied after the first one. If it weren't for the 2 hour traffic jam in the parking lot after the show, the night would have been perfect. The parking lot fiasco did not " Kick out the jams motherfuckers ". Same could be said about the beer tent area - it was a disgrace. You couldn't drink outside of the beer tent fences: i.e. at the concert area itself - probably because the show was an all ages event. I hate kids. That's it. Oh yeah, opening act, The Beta Band, were realy good. They had a great groove going on.

Jaimoe out.

Sweet. Nice post.

I had never been to molson park, but it had already sounded to me like it would be an organizational disaster. There should never be a 2 hour traffic jam. What was the attendance for that?

I'd love to see Radiohead at The Congress Centre in Ottawa.

Say hi to Trey.

Archived