Jambands.ca

Dave Matthews Band in T.O

briguy

that is pretty logical

i think i might go, i hear dave shows are crawling with sorority girls,,, wait, we dont have sororitys here do we?

if tim reynolds is with dave for that show i would go timmy is a great guitar player with dave

daves cuttin a new record with tim reynolds, trey is listed on the guest list for the cd,, its not dmb either just dave

I haven't gone back to a DMB show since 1998, it's just too many 15 year old girls screaming at the top of their lungs constantly. Mind you Ben Harper has now attracted the same attention which has ruined the acoustic parts of his show for everyone.

Does anyone know if the crowd at DMB shows has matured again or if it's still like going to an NSYNC concert?

I snuck into the last Molson Amph show (or maybe the one before that I can't remember) I went with a bunch of people that were much more excited then me to go...

But once I got in there I was blown away! Pure energy everywhere. The people loved it, were very respecting of the music (ie. screaming because the music made them, not because they want to bone dave).

All in all I was very very impressed. I would go back. Mind you I should admit that I own the same number of DMB discs as I did before that show -- zero.

ps. they weren't all 15 but man were they hot!!!

quote:

I saw DMB in 2000 at Giants Stadium, and thw crowd sucked balls. It was like a junior high convention with screaming girlies, and guys wearing pants 10 times too big. I know kids are kids and they are having fun, but I don't like having first time drinkers/smokers ruining my show experience. Overall the crowd seemed young and inattentive.

I'm probably gonna get flamed for this but that sounds like various Phish shows i've attended in the states.

Go see Dave. He's great. He catches a lot of petty posturing from people who are deluded into thinking that it's somehow cooler to be unsuccesful than succesful but that's not his fault, apart from "Everyday".

They are a great band and they almost always have great bands opening. I wish every "Top 40" act could be as subversive and talented as DMB.

If it's good, dig it.

I saw DMB in 2000 at Giants Stadium, and thw crowd sucked balls. It was like a junior high convention with screaming girlies, and guys wearing pants 10 times too big. I know kids are kids and they are having fun, but I don't like having first time drinkers/smokers ruining my show experience. Overall the crowd seemed young and inattentive.

Best (worst??) quote of the day:

"This sucks. Why is he playing it so long, It doesn't sound like the albu, at all."

- said during one of the few nice jams of the day!

Too bad about DMB. I loved the tapes I had heard of their 94/95 type shows. Good stuff. They seem pretty repetitive these days.

Colin

Archived